Shopify store's blog is full of copied content

Highlighted
3 0 0

Ran across a Shopfiy store a few weeks ago and started browsing the site.  Their blog (https://www.ecofishtackle.com/blogs/news) was chock full of articles, which was somewhat alarming given that they appear to be a small time vendor.  Did some digging and wouldn't you know it, 90% of the stuff on their blog was copied from other websites!  This is extremely shady and immoral.  Shopify won't do anything about this since the original copyright owner has to file a DMCA takedown request, right?  I have a list of all the articles that were stolen along with a link to the original content.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
54 0 10

Plagiarism is rife on the net.

It's up to the individual to file a compaint, and as far as I can see is nothing to do with Shopify, they as a company cannot control what a user posts on their website.

By posting the link on here you have given the blog in question a further back link, Google will in time check out the site and check the datestamps on the offending articles, the site will get a down ranking for plagiarism. That is what Panda and Penguin do

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Ah that's a shame.  This place also claims to donate a portion of their profits to "cleaning our worlds oceans."  Such a shame that individuals go to such lengths (stealing content, lying) to turn a profit.

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Quick update: Looks like the new owner was misled by whoever sold him the site and recently took down the store.  Be wary when buying something on the Shopify Exchange Marketplace I guess...  Case closed?

0 Likes