Solved

How to fix ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR on my ecommerce store?

hetkdesai
Visitor
1 0 0

The shopify store that I have started keeps saying ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR.

My store  displays this error what to do now..

Please Help 

Accepted Solution (1)

Trevor
Community Moderator
3391 459 982

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @hetkdesai

Most domain errors stem from incorrect DNS settings. You'll want to ensure that you only have one "A" record set to 23.227.38.65, and a Cname record set to shops.myshopify.com. If you have additional "A" records or "AAAA" records, then it will cause issues with the SSL. You can check this by using free tools such as MXtoolbox. Once the correct DNS records are applied, it can take up to 24 hours for the changes to take effect. 

If you're still having trouble with the domain, then we'll want to take a closer look at the account. While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit https://bit.ly/3cJkx8V and log in to your account to create a support request.

Since this is the next step I've marked this reply as the solution for the benefit of others who may discover this topic. Thanks!

Trevor | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Reply 1 (1)

Trevor
Community Moderator
3391 459 982

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @hetkdesai

Most domain errors stem from incorrect DNS settings. You'll want to ensure that you only have one "A" record set to 23.227.38.65, and a Cname record set to shops.myshopify.com. If you have additional "A" records or "AAAA" records, then it will cause issues with the SSL. You can check this by using free tools such as MXtoolbox. Once the correct DNS records are applied, it can take up to 24 hours for the changes to take effect. 

If you're still having trouble with the domain, then we'll want to take a closer look at the account. While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit https://bit.ly/3cJkx8V and log in to your account to create a support request.

Since this is the next step I've marked this reply as the solution for the benefit of others who may discover this topic. Thanks!

Trevor | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog