Shopify store with woocommerce checkout

mikeacre
Tourist
12 0 2

Hello,

I have a customer who wants to use Shopify for their store because of the many benefits, but it’s a store that would also sell CBD and would have a much higher fee checking out with Shopify. I know with the storefront API we can fetch carts easily. Is it crazy to assume it would be possible to integrate the two and complete checkout via a woocommerce check out? Is there any documents on this or plug ins?

0 Likes

Check out Shopify App Store see if there any Integration apps:

LitExtension - https://litextension.com/

Ablestar WooCommerce Importer - https://support.ablestar.co/article/51-importing-customers-or-orders... 

Regards
Ross M.
0 Likes
Nick
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3669 308 706

Hi @mikeacre,

Nick here from Shopify. 

I spoke to our themes support team to double check this for you. If WooCommerce has a version of the Shopify Buy Button, it could maybe be embedded on a page in the Shopify store, but not the home page/product page/collection as that would have the Shopify checkout already embedded and two checkouts on one page could make things a little messy. Other than that, it sounds like a question which might be worth asking WooCommerce for more details about too! But from the Shopify side, this seems to be as much as it could happen. 

Hope this helps! 

Thanks, Nick

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
mikeacre
Tourist
12 0 2

So If I use one of these apps to update my Shopify store... it would load any of my Woocommerce orders into Shopify. In this case I could use Shopify to manage all of the orders and shipping while maintaining Woocommerce and wordpress as my front end, and also Woocommerce would receive the updates on the orders made in Shopify as well. 

I think this solution is less bulky then transporting the visitor from one structure to the other. 

0 Likes
Nick
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3669 308 706

Hi @mikeacre,

If it was to work, I don't feel it would work that way. You wouldn't be able to import WooCommerce orders into Shopify or vice versa. It would essentially be plugging the checkout of one platform into the website of the other. So you would have to navigate two admins still, the Shopify website and Woocommerce orders and checkout. They wouldn't work in tandem per se, more just plugging one into the other for one aspect. You'd still need to be paying two subscriptions (Shopify and Woocommerce) too. 

The time, effort and money to put this together might not be worth the hassle or the convenience in my opinion to get a lower checkout fee. I hope that helps explain better than I did before. 

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes