Shopify test account?

7 0 0
Hi all, I'd like to know if Shopify offers some sort of testing environment which we could use to test integration work with our existing website. It'd be nice if this was as realistic as possible, taking even sample credit cards so we can see the whole process from start to end. This could be a great selling tool to convince customers to use Shopify. Thank you in advance for your reply. j.e.
0 Likes
21 0 0

When I use this “Bogus gateway, for testing only” payment gateway option I want to just check and make sure that I won’t be billed commission on those test sales by Shopify. That is the case, isn’t it?

0 Likes
21 0 0

When I use this “Bogus gateway, for testing only” payment gateway option I want to just check and make sure that I won’t be billed commission on those test sales by Shopify. That is the case, isn’t it?

0 Likes
21 0 0

0 Likes
21 0 0

My profound apologies for posting this comment three times. I’m not a complete dullard, honestly, it’s just that this post comment form is ajax’d up, and doesn’t 1) notify you when it is doing the post and/or 2) disable the post button…

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
2002 0 41

We won’t charge you comission on bogus gateway sales. But thats an excellent point. we need to actually sate that somewhere in the admin.

Tobias Lütke - Shopify CEO // http://twitter.com/tobi
0 Likes
23 0 0

It would be nice to have some kind of sales record table. It could show the gross for each sale, followed by an approximate cut taken by the gateway, then shopify’s percentage, then the net income of the sale. Perhaps you could include tax deductions there if the store uses it. Also, in the products DB, the option to add cost prices (hidden from users), so that profit calcuations could be displayed.

I think there’s a great potential for you to add features to help in the business side of things, as well as in sales.

0 Likes
23 0 0

Sorry, forgot the main point of my last comment: If you added such a table, then all dummy sales could be marked up differently, show ‘0’ for the gateway and shopify.

0 Likes
21 0 0

Thanks for the reply, Tobi. I can get to it and fire off some test orders without worrying. And yes, I think it would be a good idea to display a note to that effect (no commission on “bogus” sales) somewhere in Admin.

0 Likes