Shopify translations not working

EDM_IRELAND
Shopify Expert
5 0 0

Hi all

Hoping someone can help/advise. I have 2 locations that offer pickup. When a user selects pickup in the cart there is a message that states the following

Usually ready in 24 hours

I can change this via Settings - Shiiping and delivery - Local pickup - Manage

However it's a dropdown and none of the selection suit, as we have a specific pickup window weekly.

I have edited the theme language - Checkout & system and changed the text for Pick up in twenty four hours to Pickup instructions will be e-mailed. But changes do not take affect.

Any help much appreciated

0 Likes
pyo
Tourist
4 0 2

Hi @EDM_IRELAND ,

I also searched a way to translate this sentence but without no success.

According to me, it's part of the built-in translations of Shopify. It's based on the language configured at the shop level and you can't control the translation value.

The only way I see would be to use JavaScript to edit the HTML once the page is loaded !

0 Likes
tim
Shopify Expert
2937 141 987

It definitely depends no theme.

Just checked in recent Debut and translations under "Checkout & system / Store availability pick up time" do work as expected.

Want to hire me to tweak a theme? Mail me at tairli@yahoo.com!
My post solved your problem? Like it!
0 Likes
pyo
Tourist
4 0 2

Hi @tim ,

We don't speak about the same thing. In the screenshot below, you mention the first and 3rd lines while @EDM_IRELAND  and I are talking about the second line ("Habituellement prête en 24 heures", which is "Usually ready in 24h" in english)

Capture d’écran 2021-03-03 à 14.13.37.png

This second line doesn't appear in the theme translation settings.

0 Likes
tim
Shopify Expert
2937 141 987

Like this?

Untitled.jpegUntitled 2.jpeg

Want to hire me to tweak a theme? Mail me at tairli@yahoo.com!
My post solved your problem? Like it!
0 Likes
pyo
Tourist
4 0 2

Argh, you're right!

I was looking at the "store availability" settings!

Capture d’écran 2021-03-03 à 14.51.51.png

0 Likes