Shopify url blocked from facebook & Instagram

Highlighted
3 1 1

Hello,

I know this topic has been posted here before, but since no answers have been given, let's try again.

So, my url www.safarivapeshop.com has been blocked from Insta & FB according to them it doesn't follow community standards. This is not true, since this is 100% legit & no spam website and if you google about this, you find lots of people with the same problem.

Now I heard Facebook doesn't want people to leave its platform so it has started to block websites that attract people away from their website (such as Shopify website and wants us to sell our products only in Facebook shop). This will probably be problematic for Shopify also, if people's Shopify websites are been blocked without a reason from Facebook & Instagram. 

I tried numerous times to contact Facebook in different ways (bug report, payments & ads problem etc..) but only answer I get that this isn't their area and I should report this problem to a bot that doesn't do anything.

Now since I cant get Facebook to help me with this, I'm asking here what I can do, because I feel like I don't have much options left.

Years ago there seemed to be a Facebook representative link to real customer service person, but no more (at least what I found out)

I tried to change domain, to safarivapeshop.co.ke ending, but it is blocked now too. So that didn't help either.

So, If I can't link people from my Facebook & Instagram to my Shopify website, it becomes useless, and i won't be paying to Shopify anymore.

So before ending subscription with Shopify, I would like to know if there is anything else I can try to do ?

Br,

Mikko

1 Like
Highlighted

hey @safarivaper

this isn't really something Shopify can solve. you can move to Magento or Woocommerce but Facebook is probably still going to ban your site.

There are steps for appeal in these guidelines but..

sorry man
Working on...
1. Product Lens (App that helps the middle of the funnel marketing)
2. Strategy + Tactics: Marketing Blog
3. Want store feedback? Try this free tool (You gotta give to receive)
4. 60-day SEO email course
5. FB Marketing 102 email newsletter
0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0
Were you able to get any other resolution to your problem ? I am having this same problem with my www.eyebrowspecialty.com website where I sell everything for your eyebrows. Not sure what good reason they could give as to why they blocked it. I can't find answers. I can't speak to anyone. I'm about to shit down my page as well but I am frustrated because I worked hard to get likes on my FB page
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

I can fix your Problem you can Order me on Fiverr as i have solved this issue for 100s of Shopify store owners. This is my Fiverr gig link "https://www.fiverr.com/share/99Qd4D" I would just need your Blocked Url and this Process takes 2-7 days to unblock Domain and Url.

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

same problem for me as well!!

i really don't know what i can do for this problem! even i start ADS and I'm not getting any benefits from this ads as i cant share my link in facebook!!

please if someone have any solution let us know as soon as possible 

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

It's now June 2020 and they must be working their way through the list as my Shopify link has been banned from both IG and FB, and this is after spending money with them advertising on both platforms over the past few months.  Seems very controlling to want everything in their domain with no outside links for shopping yet they allow shopping and businesses to start up on both platforms.  I tried a Link Tree link to add a couple of other websites plus my Shopify and that was banned instantly.  I even tried putting a Facebook link to my page/shop onto my Instagram profile page thinking they are owned by the same company so would like that.  But no, they banned that too.  I guess the other option is some sort of redirection link.  I see people posting adverts for shoes with a tiny url or bit ly url that link to a shop.  They may have found the way around it.  

I have spent months designing products and figuring it all out.  A huge learning curve only to be stopped in my tracks by a dumb computer algothrim and customer staff who can't communicate. It's very frustrating.

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Update to my above post:  I managed to navigate my way to a human person on the Chat Feature of Facebook Adverts Manager.  I hadn't set up my FB adverts Manager yet but had downloaded the app and had done boosted posts in the past.  So I set it up to get myself a Facebook Ad account number.  This is essential.  Once you have that you can fill in the drop down menu to chat to a person.  Without the number they won't let you get through the system and if you try other means you just get bots. 

So I got hold of a lovely person who said my Shopify link had been flagged as a false positive for community guidelines abuse.  They took my email address and promised 24-48 hours to get it fixed.  Within about an hour it was fixed and they emailed to let me know.  Very grateful.  From what I can see, it restored my Instagram account and shopping as well as my Facebook at the same time.  I think the trick is not to mention your Shopify in your posts too often or with the same language.  Better to have the link in your Bio and say "Link in Bio". Mix it up a bit and don't overpost too much at once.  Spread out your posts, your Shopify link mentions and your liking and following.  Stay under the radar so your activity doesn't trigger the algorithims.  Good to know there's actually humans who can help once you know how to get their help.  Although they don't make it easy to find help.

0 Likes