Solved

Can I use Stripe for payments on my Shopify site?

arw24
Visitor
2 0 0

Hello,

I'd like to use Stripe for payments on my Shopify website, I've seen conflicting information on this. One post suggested I could contact support and they would add the option.

Accepted Solution (1)

Trevor
Community Moderator
3391 459 982

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @arw24

Stripe is available to select countries, and can only be added if you are operating in one of those countries. That said, if you're operating in a country that is eligible for Shopify Payments, then Stripe will not be available as Stripe powers Shopify Payments and offers many of the same features you'd get if you were using Stripe directly. You can view all available payment providers for your country here

Assuming you are operating in a country where Shopify Payments is available, it would not be possible to disable Shopify Payments to allow for the use of Stripe. However; I would love to hear your feedback on why you'd prefer using Stripe over Shopify Payments. 

Trevor | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 21 (21)

Trevor
Community Moderator
3391 459 982

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @arw24

Stripe is available to select countries, and can only be added if you are operating in one of those countries. That said, if you're operating in a country that is eligible for Shopify Payments, then Stripe will not be available as Stripe powers Shopify Payments and offers many of the same features you'd get if you were using Stripe directly. You can view all available payment providers for your country here

Assuming you are operating in a country where Shopify Payments is available, it would not be possible to disable Shopify Payments to allow for the use of Stripe. However; I would love to hear your feedback on why you'd prefer using Stripe over Shopify Payments. 

arw24
Visitor
2 0 0
Our other websites utilize Stripe for payments. I need all my websites to
use the same processor. I’ve got Zapier set up to automate my work and I
can’t do that with Shopify if I can’t have Stripe for payments. --
Adam Witek
Trevor
Community Moderator
3391 459 982

@arw24 

Thank you for the context. The only way that would be possible is if all of your stores are based within countries where Stripe is eligible. Otherwise, you would need to use Shopify Payments (if applicable), or an alternative payment provider. 

welearnwegrow
Visitor
2 0 1

Hello,

I have the same problem. I really want to link my existing Stripe account with Shopify and not create a new stripe / Shopify account altogether.

Can you help with this?

I am based in Japan

Stripe doesn't appear as a Third Party App 😞

Trevor
Community Moderator
3391 459 982

@welearnwegrow 

It is not possible to use Stripe if Shopify Payments is available for your region. You will want to use Shopify Payments to accept credit card payments or use another available payment provider for Japan. 

heirloombrandon
Visitor
1 0 0

Hey Peter, I'm in the US and have a Webapp that is already setup with Stripe. We need a storefront and we're interested in using Shopify. I see that Shopify payments is powered by Stripe, but what does that mean? Does that mean that I can link the two accounts and have all purchase data in one place? I'd like to avoid having our revenue in two separate systems. An alternative question my developer will hate is if we can integrate Shopify payments into our webapp.

Trevor
Community Moderator
3391 459 982

@heirloombrandon 

Shopify Payments is powered by Stripe but you can not use your Stripe account. All transactions will be shown in your Shopify admin so it would mean you would see transactions into separate admins if you're processing charges through two different checkouts. With that said, it would not be possible to integrate Shopify Payments into your third-party application. 

Could you clarify what "webapp" is and what it does? 

paidmembersapp
Shopify Partner
12 0 0

If you use Paid Members App, you can keep all your data in your standard Stripe account and also use Stripe Customer Portal so your customers have a UI to manage their subscriptions.

http://paidmembersapp.com/

agnieszka_bane
5 0 0

I send email to yoour app support but no one reply, my question is I dont want to remove shopify checkout and also except other payment methods will you app help me except google pay and giropay as other payment methods through stripe using shopify checkout?

agnieszka_bane
5 0 0

Hello Trevor,

I am living in Poland and I am using stripe as payment processor and using shopify checkout, my problem is shopify checkout allow only credit card and applepay as payment options, where as stripe provide googlepay, IDEAL as well as giropay as payment options. I want to know can I integrate stripe checkout on my shopify so all payment options are available to buyers? because I see on an average I am loosing 4 to 6 sells due to this problem. Please help me with it.

paidmembersapp
Shopify Partner
12 0 0

You can just embed a Stripe payment button or use our app for more advanced features like Stripe Customer Portal that require a server. https://stripe.com/partners/paid-members-app

paidmembersapp
Shopify Partner
12 0 0

Just embed Stripe payment buttons on your website. You can use our app to create payment buttons or use Stripe payment links and your customers can manage their accounts with Stripe Customer Portal - this is all integrated into our app and works on Shopify and almost every website builder - check out Stripe Partners: Paid Members App

paidmembersapp
Shopify Partner
12 0 0

You can use Stripe Payment Links on a Shopify site to process directly with Stripe or, custom Stripe Checkout code if you code.  If you want to also use Stripe Customer Portal and have a server listen if you are using SEPA or other delayed payment types that require a webhook, check out https://stripe.com/partners/paid-members-app

LuisZ
Visitor
3 0 0

The Country is the United States, if I can see Shopify payments, I am choosing Stripe for ease since I already have the account, I just have to connect.
What should I do?

Trevor
Community Moderator
3391 459 982

@LuisZ 

If Shopify Payments is available in your country (It is available in the United States) then it would not be possible to use Stripe as your payment processor. You can set up Shopify Payments in Settings/Payment Provider and by following our guide here. 

LuisZ
Visitor
3 0 0

Thanks

paidmembersapp
Shopify Partner
12 0 0

It is possible to just embed a Stripe Payment Link that you create in your Stripe account or if you want to also use advanced Stripe features like Stripe Customer Portal or need custom Stripe Checkout code, https://stripe.com/partners/paid-members-app.

Tlant
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi trevor,

If your country is using Shopify payments and there for also stripe, do we have to pay e fee per transaction to shopify and Stripe? or are the transaction fee only once.

Glenn

Trevor
Community Moderator
3391 459 982

@Tlant 

Stripe will not be available to countries that have the ability to use Shopify Payments. That said, if a store owner chooses not to use Shopify Payments then they would be charged a transaction fee on every order when using a third-party payment provider, which would include Stripe. 

matheuscarelli
Visitor
2 0 0

olá, eu queria saber se posso utilizar o one page check-out da stripe dentro do shopify. Porque o checkout da shopify, utiliza muitas trocas de paginas para fazer a finalização de venda e isso atrapalha e muito para fazer com que o cliente compre.

Bestray1
5 0 0

You can use Stripe on your store by temporally changing your country on Shopify to a country where only Stripe is available but Shopify Shopify Payments is not currently available. If you do so, you will see the option of linking your Stripe account. 

However if Stripe or Shopify payments is not currently available in your country you can Incorporate your Company in the UK so as to have access to Stripe. One Company that can help you Incorporate in the UK is Incorpuk (https://incorpuk.com) helps foreign founders get started in the UK.