Shopify...without the shop...?

Angus_Hay
2 0 1

Hi all,

Really odd request here, but I was wondering if there are any themes/settings that can be applied in order to remove the cart - and basically all shopping features?

The reason I'm asking is that I love the drag & drop builder, and I'd like to use it for other websites, not just e-commerce sites.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Many thanks

Elle_old
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
269 1 30

Hey, Angus!

Stephanie here from Shopify :) 

We have a great help doc that takes you through the steps to disable the cart: https://help.shopify.com/themes/customization/products/hide-product-prices-or-disable-cart

Hope this helps!

If you have any other questions, feel free to reach out to our support . We're available 24/7!

Cheers!

Stephanie | Shopify Support
0 Likes
Dave_Colorado
Tourist
4 0 1

I have a similar situation but one where my client is not ready to launch their ecommerce site but wants to launch a brand site in the first phase, then a dealer site, then a full on ecommerce site, over the course of 12 or so months.

So a brand site would not have ANY product pages where merely the add to cart buttons are missing, it would be more like a lookbook type of site with components to register/get more info, etc, while they are building out their store.

Is this possible?

0 Likes
Kasimir
Shopify Partner
385 0 66

Hello David,

Next time might be useful to create a new topic as then people generally notice them better.

Short and sweet answer, yes thats possible. You have full control of what you want to display on the website. 

Kasimir

"Good design is good business"
0 Likes
Vitalii_Lunko
2 0 0

Hello, this guide does not help hid a cart!

0 Likes
Vicsi
Tourist
3 0 1

Yes! thanks i'll have to try I wanted to make a business website with like general business information but no e commerce. 

@Angus_Hay wrote:

Hi all,

Really odd request here, but I was wondering if there are any themes/settings that can be applied in order to remove the cart - and basically all shopping features?

The reason I'm asking is that I love the drag & drop builder, and I'd like to use it for other websites, not just e-commerce sites.

Many thanks

@Angus_Hay wrote:

Hi all,

Many thanks

0 Likes
GibboFootball
Shopify Partner
2 0 0

How did you go with this? I'm now in the same situation.

0 Likes
Vitalii_Lunko
2 0 0
they refund non.
0 Likes
hairylightbulb
4 0 0

I found that you CAN turn the cart off but the pricing was a bit of an issue. Especially with the Shopify Inspector app available on Chrome which displayed the pricing even though I hid it from the site. Its a bit of a bummer, and have been hoping for Shopify to fix this, but no joy as of yet.

Only work around is to change all the pricing at the back end to 0

0 Likes