Shopify won't acknowledge Instagram is connected to my Facebook account

newcreation
Visitor
3 0 1

I have spent my entire afternoon and evening trying to set up my ad integration between shopify and my Facebook business manager. When I get to the part about Instagram, it says my Instagram account is not connected to my Facebook account, but it is, and both my Facebook and Instagram accounts are set up as businesses. It will not let me finish setup until I get past this Instagram part. And every step has been like this! But I can't get past this one. I guess I should have just done the Facebook ads without trying to integrate. Ironically, that would have been easier.

Replies 8 (8)

Rae
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1166 95 361

Hi, @newcreation

My name is Rae, and I work for Shopify. I'm happy to lend a hand with the troubles you're having with connecting Facebook and Instagram to your Shopify store. 

To confirm, have you followed these steps to start setting up Instagram Shopping?

If so, there are some extra troubleshooting steps we can work through to ensure the connection between your Facebook Business account and your Instagram Business account are recognized in your Shopify admin. 

To start, please open up your Facebook Business page on Facebook directly and follow these steps: 

1. Click 'Settings' in the lefthand sidebar. 
  2. Click 'Instagram'
  3. Make sure your Instagram Business account is linked here, not a personal account. 

Then, open up your Instagram Business account via the Instagram app on a mobile device and: 

1. Go to your Business profile. 
  2. Tap 'Edit Profile'
  3. Under 'Public Business Information', tap 'Page'
  4. Verify that your Facebook Business page is connected here, not your personal Facebook page. 

Lastly, we'll need to confirm that your Instagram Business account is associated with your Facebook Business Manager account by: 

1. Opening up Facebook Business Manager and clicking the 'Instagram accounts' tab. 
  2. Confirm that your Instagram Business handle is listed here. 
  3. Under 'Owned by' at the top of the page, ensure the Business Manager account listed is the same one that's shown in the Facebook Channel of your Shopify admin. 

If working through these steps doesn't resolve things, please reply back to me here with a screenshot showing the error message you're receiving in your Shopify admin. I recommend making sure all of your sensitive, store-specific details are blocked out from the screenshot before posting it here, too. 

I look forward to hearing back from you with an update on how this goes! 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

vanessa01
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi,

I seem to have a similar issue. My Facebook Business Manager shows that my instagram page is connected, but for some reason Shopify doesn't find it. 

I'll attach a screenshot of my Business Manager that shows that the instagram account is connected, and also the error message I get from Shopify. 

I tried to redo the steps several times, looked up some tutorials, but nothing seems to do the trick. Thank you.Screen Shot 2020-11-26 at 2.09.36 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-11-26 at 2.10.23 PM.png

Rae
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1166 95 361

Hi, @vanessa01

Thanks for jumping in and sharing more details on the troubles you're running into. I appreciate you trying out the steps I mentioned above, too. 

To clarify, is your Facebook Business page also connected to your Facebook Business Manager account where your Instagram Business account is linked? If your Facebook Business Page is linked to a different Facebook Business Manager account instead, this may be causing this error to appear. To resolve this, please ensure that both your Facebook Business page, and your Instagram Business account are linked to the same Facebook Business Manager account. 

It's also important to make sure that you're listed as an admin on your Facebook Business page. To confirm this, please follow these steps: 

1. Open up your Facebook Business page 
  2. Click 'Settings > Page Roles'
  3. Ensure that you're listed here as an 'admin', or 'page owner'

Keep me posted on how these steps go!

Heavymetalranch
Visitor
2 0 0

I have the same problem as “vanessa01” is having and have tried all of the suggestions to no avail!!! Been stuck for a week now and it’s getting pretty old fast!! Any further help would be greatly appreciated!!!! Also when I review the connection between Facebook and Instagram it shows an error message stating review cannot be completed right now, try again, but it’s also been doing that since all this started!

Rae
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1166 95 361

Hi, @Heavymetalranch

Thanks for joining this thread and outlining the troubles you're experiencing. I can see how frustrating this is to deal with, and I'm happy to help out. 

You mentioned you're seeing an error message that states: "review cannot be completed right now, try again". Where is this error appearing? Is it showing up on a particular section within your Shopify admin? Once I have these details, I can take a closer look into this. 

Please also reply back to me here with a screenshot of this error so that I can check out the message in full detail. Before sharing a screenshot here though, make sure to block out any store-specific, or sensitive details included on the image to protect your own privacy. 

I hope to hear back from you soon with these details so I can help investigate this further! 

Heavymetalranch
Visitor
2 0 0
Thanks for responding but I have worked it out.
Rae
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1166 95 361

Hi, @Heavymetalranch!

I'm glad to hear that you managed to resolve this. 

If you're willing to share your solution with us, please go ahead and post it here in this thread. This information will be helpful for other Shopify users who may be experiencing the same error that you ran into, so any additional tips you have would be highly appreciated!

Thanks, 

StraightStance
Visitor
1 0 0

Thank you for fixing my problem @Rae, I am very, very thankful. Phew, seriously.