Shopify won't acknowledge Instagram is connected to my Facebook account

Highlighted
1 0 0

I have spent my entire afternoon and evening trying to set up my ad integration between shopify and my Facebook business manager. When I get to the part about Instagram, it says my Instagram account is not connected to my Facebook account, but it is, and both my Facebook and Instagram accounts are set up as businesses. It will not let me finish setup until I get past this Instagram part. And every step has been like this! But I can't get past this one. I guess I should have just done the Facebook ads without trying to integrate. Ironically, that would have been easier.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
549 28 186

Hi, @newcreation

My name is Rae, and I work for Shopify. I'm happy to lend a hand with the troubles you're having with connecting Facebook and Instagram to your Shopify store. 

To confirm, have you followed these steps to start setting up Instagram Shopping?

If so, there are some extra troubleshooting steps we can work through to ensure the connection between your Facebook Business account and your Instagram Business account are recognized in your Shopify admin. 

To start, please open up your Facebook Business page on Facebook directly and follow these steps: 

1. Click 'Settings' in the lefthand sidebar. 
  2. Click 'Instagram'
  3. Make sure your Instagram Business account is linked here, not a personal account. 

Then, open up your Instagram Business account via the Instagram app on a mobile device and: 

1. Go to your Business profile. 
  2. Tap 'Edit Profile'
  3. Under 'Public Business Information', tap 'Page'
  4. Verify that your Facebook Business page is connected here, not your personal Facebook page. 

Lastly, we'll need to confirm that your Instagram Business account is associated with your Facebook Business Manager account by: 

1. Opening up Facebook Business Manager and clicking the 'Instagram accounts' tab. 
  2. Confirm that your Instagram Business handle is listed here. 
  3. Under 'Owned by' at the top of the page, ensure the Business Manager account listed is the same one that's shown in the Facebook Channel of your Shopify admin. 

If working through these steps doesn't resolve things, please reply back to me here with a screenshot showing the error message you're receiving in your Shopify admin. I recommend making sure all of your sensitive, store-specific details are blocked out from the screenshot before posting it here, too. 

I look forward to hearing back from you with an update on how this goes! 

Rae | Social Care @ Shopify
Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it Accept as Solution to help others locate the answer!
To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center, or the Shopify Blog.

0 Likes