Shopify won't allow me to open a store?

Highlighted
1 0 0

I've tried three times now to create a store on Shopify. As soon as I enter my payment info, ANY payment info, the store closes. Keep in mind, I haven't added any products yet, nothing. Just went through the initial setting up and then on to enter my payment info. I've opened a ticket and they just responded with:

Maude (Shopify)

May 19, 2020, 4:18:25 AM EDT

Hello there,

Maude here from the Risk Operations Team at Shopify. We are writing to you in regards to your accounts ---.myshopify.com and ---.myshopify.com.

This email is to inform you that after reviewing your information and website we believe your business presents a level of risk that we will be unable to support with Shopify. I know this is not ideal, however we won't be able to help with your business.

At this time since Shopify has been deemed not a good fit for your business you will need to research other e-commerce platforms to find one that will be suitable. Regrettably we are not able to make recommendations to merchants.

Please note that for security and privacy reasons we are unable to divulge the results of our reviews and investigations. Once an account has been declined the decision is final.

Thank you and I wish you all the best with your business going forward.

Kind regards,
Maude

Does anyone have any idea WHY this is happening and how I can stop it from happening again? I'm currently stuck in Spain and I'm wondering if it's because of my location? I've tried doing it both with a VPN on and no VPN.

It's very frustrating and I would appreciate any insight you might have. Thank you kindly in advance.

0 Likes