Should I open two shops or use subdomains?

3 0 0

Hi!

I'm currently a seller on Etsy and I just moved to Shopify. The thing is, I sell worldwide, but my two main countries are USA and Mexico. Should I have two separate shops under the same name but with different domains or how would that work? I have different inventories in each country.

Also, one shop needs to be in spanish and the other one in english, so......

0 Likes
3 0 0

I read somewhere that it's good to have subdomains for shops with similar cases as mine, but i dont know how that works!

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
11 0 0

Hey @Ana_Saldivar

Will you be selling in the same currency to all users? If so, one store should fine.

You could set up different locations in Shopify for the different inventories for each country which will allow you to fulfil from these inventories. 

I am happy to assist further if you need! 

Shopify Consultant
0 Likes
3 0 0
Shops are destined for Mexico and US, so currency would be different.
0 Likes

I think you should open in the same domain, but difference country code.

In this case my idea like this:

yourdomain.us

yourdomain.uk

Then you an app to manage multiple stores.

Vince Nguyen | Ecommerce Consultant at HappyPoints.io
Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
Email me at: vince@happypoints.io
0 Likes
Shopify Partner
11 0 0

Thanks @Ana_Saldivar - It may be easier to organise via two stores with sub-domains. 

If your domain is already a .com domain, it may be worth creating the sub-domain within this, for example, us.yourdomain.com. You could then get an app to direct users to the relevant store depending on location. 

Please note, if you choose the route of two stores then you will need to pay for app subscriptions twice. 

Feel free to reach out directly if you would like further advice/guidance. 

Thanks

Shopify Consultant
0 Likes
Tourist
16 0 0

Yes, you can definitely open two different stores, one under www.superstore.com (for example), and the other at its subdomain, wholesale.superstore.com (for example).

Also, to make sure that this is clear, you'll need to operate these separately on two different Shopify accounts. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
16 0 0

Yes, you can definitely open two different stores, one under www.superstore(dot)com (for example), and the other at its subdomain, wholesale.superstore(dot)com (for example).

Also, to make sure that this is clear, you'll need to operate these separately on two different Shopify accounts. 

0 Likes