Show VAT on website

1 0 0

I want my website to allow people to choose whether they shop with or without VAT. (Here's the example website again where they have the VAT display option dropdown in the top left corner) https://www.killerinktattoo.co.uk/tattoo-ink

Our website is currently set up so that the prices shown on products exclude VAT, which is then calculated at checkout. We want people to have the option to shop with or without VAT displayed depending on their choice. How do I achieve that with liquid files.

Is there any way to get tax in liquid variable ?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
333 32 71

Hi, @namanp!

Julie here from Shopify Support.

Thanks for providing an example! I can understand how giving your customers the option to shop with or without VAT displayed can be a useful feature and allows for more transparency. This can also potentially reduce the number of abandoned checkouts you receive, as customers will be able to view the price with VAT should they so choose. What's your main reason for wanting this feature?

While this can likely be done through custom code, I did manage to find an app called Dual Price Display PRO that may work for you. While this app doesn't offer a dropdown, it does give you the ability to display prices including VAT and excluding VAT on each product page. It's also highly customizable, so you can control the display design, choosing the size, positioning, and colours of the displayed prices. This app also has excellent reviews. I recommend installing it and taking advantage of the free trial to see how you like it. If you choose not to use the app, just make sure to uninstall it prior to the free trial expiring so you can avoid any app charges. If you're ever needing assistance with the app, you can always reach out to the developers directly via the Support section of their app page. 

However, if a dropdown is something you'd really like to have, then this is something that will need to be implemented through custom code. While you can look into hiring a Shopify Expert skilled in web development, I'm also curious to see if the rest of the Shopify Community has any suggestions! 

Julie | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes