Show all product variants on website

5 0 0

Hi,

I am new to this and in the process of opening a clothing store.

The problem I have is I can't see all product variants on my website. I would like to see all variants by colour but you currently have to click on the product then change the colour in the dropdown menu to see that colour.

I will make more sales by each colour being listed separately. Hope I've explained the problem well enough.

Any help is greatly appreciated. It is the Brooklyn theme.

Thanks very much.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
33 0 4

Welcome to Shopify, Daniel!

Happy to have you here and always love helping our new merchants! Loving the designs on your tees! Did you create them yourself?

Onto your question! The easiest way to separate out your products so they are no longer variants would be to utlitize our Product CSV functionality. Otherwise, the other option would be to manually update your products through the admin. Which can be time consuming. Take a look at the steps below!

1. From your Shopify Admin, click on Products
  2. Export your products into a CSV  Image
  3. When you get that CSV, change the product handle of those that you wish to create a new product  Image
  4. After saving you changes, import that file back into your products, making sure that Overwrite any existing products that have the same product handle. is enabled.  Image

Very important note
If you're using a dropshipping app like Oberlo or a Print on Demand app like Printful, the above steps will break your connection with those apps. So, do not use that method.

If your products are from one of those types of apps, usually the best course of action is to import a product (in the case of Oberlo), or to create a new product (in the case of Printful) in their respective apps solely with the variants you want to be separate before syncing them with your store.

Hopefully this helps you out! If this wasn’t your question or if you have any concerns on the process, let me know and we can continue with our support!

0 Likes
5 0 0

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. 

Most are designed by myself yes :) Ok so as I am with a UK dropshipper (Inkthreadable) I should not use the CSV method, yes?

But must instead do it again manually in the Inkthreadable app by creating products separately for each colour variant?

Thanks again.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
33 0 4

Hi Daniel :)

Awesome to hear about those designs!
Yes, the products would need to be separate in the app prior to syncing/importing them with your store - and do not use the CSV method.

Were you able to test that out over the last 24hrs?
I would love to know how it went! If we run into any issues, Inkthreadable also has support that we could contact! :)

Cheers,
Parker

0 Likes
5 0 0

Hi,

Currently in the process of listing all the colour variants separately. Long process but I'll get there and I'll now know when adding new products.

Thanks,

Daniel 

0 Likes