Showing Customers what is in Stock

Solved
Highlighted
2 0 0

We have the minimal theme and we want Customers to see what is in stock on the product page, we have tried multiple codes and they don't seem to work. Does anyone know the code and where to put it in the minimal theme to make this happen? Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
199 23 28

You will have to use the product.available object: https://shopify.dev/docs/liquid/reference/objects/product#product-available

By including that, you will get the information if the product is available and then you can display the information as you want in the frontend.

If you want we could have a deeper look for you. Just write us at info@webmefy.com and we would love to help you.

We help you achieve your Goals! Visit us on: Webmefy.com
0 Likes
Highlighted

Success.

Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
94 8 10

Hi, @Rosa11!

Ash here from the Shopify team. Welcome to the Shopify Community! 

It's definitely valuable to have a clear and easy way for your customers to see what's available on your online store. While you and @gseilei are correct that this could be achieved by the use of some custom coding, there are also some alternative solutions I'm happy to offer. 

One potential solution is to hide the unavailable / out-of-stock products from your site. When you do this, the products will still be on your account for you to manage on the back end, but customers won't be able to see them on the live site until you make them available again. A couple handy documents to check out in regards to this are: 

The first document goes over how to hide out-of-stock products from specific automated collections using collection conditions. The second document explains how to make products available on your sales channels, but if you reverse those instructions, you can instead hide them.

If you want to keep your unavailable / out-of-stock products on the storefront, another good document to check out is this one called Tracking and adjusting inventory. This document explains how to manage a products inventory, and shows how you can have products appear as "Sold Out" on your online store by having inventory set to zero, and not enabling the product to be purchased when out of stock. 

You could also use an application to readily display to customers what is and isn't currently available for purchase. Here are some highly rated applications that can show customers not only what's available, but how many are left in stock: 

While the above options are all viable solutions, I totally appreciate if you prefer to implement some sort of code customization as you originally mentioned. For more context, can you please send me a link to the code customizations you've already tried to follow? 

Ash | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
199 23 28

@Ash just adding something to this :)

I think it depends on the way you want products to appear on your site, i.e. with some of our merchants, we implemented an urgency message by displaying units left in stock, some merchants want to add the available units, etc, but...

It also depends on the way you manage your inventory, i.e. if the products that are out of stock aren't meant to be back in stock again, then probably hiding would be the best option, but if you expect the products to be back in stock again, we implemented with some merchants the option to show a formular for their customers to add their e-mail and get notified once the product is back in stock.

You will have to think about all options and decide what would be the best for you. Definitely this can be achieved with an app and with coding.

We help you achieve your Goals! Visit us on: Webmefy.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hey guys thank you so much these things fixed our problem and everything looks great!! Thank you both so much! :)

0 Likes