Showing Ex Vat and Inc Vat on website, warehouse template

Det742021
Pathfinder
83 1 26

Hello,  

I have changed the code within the warehouse template. All templates are different and this one after even the re placing the code is still not showing any different.

We're going to find the locations where the theme calls on product price. This will generally appear as:

In the warehouse template product.price is variant.price

So I use the coding accordingly, price is the same, nothing changed. UK VAT is 1.2 )20%, therefore template was change as per this.

Can anyone advise on this? We sell worldwide and the current site shows both prices, for customers from any region.

The current warehouse template doesn't really suggest what price a customer is looking at, ex vat, inc VAT the Vat is added at the last stage at the checkout, but I know most customers will be annoyed with this because it is not clear what price they are looking at when they look at the site?

Spent days searching for an answer online but nothing else was useful.

URL: https://silversouth.co.uk/products/cz20075704

thank you for your help

{{ product.price | money }}

We will want to add in a variable here that will multiply the price by your tax rate:

{{ product.price | times:1.XX | money }}

Where XX = your tax rate. So if your tax rate is 10%, it should be times:1.1. If it's 5%, it should be times:1.05. In Canada, the federal tax rate is 5%, so we'll use times:1.05.

Replies 5 (5)

Det742021
Pathfinder
83 1 26

Hello anyone?

St3v3
Excursionist
38 0 26

Did you ever get this working? I am looking to do the same by having plus VAT and inc VAT prices shown on our products.

Det742021
Pathfinder
83 1 26

Hi., 

Nobody really helped:D What I figured out the Shopify is not able to show both prices, so if you sell to retail and maybe wholesale, or you have account customers, you can either show the EX VAT or INC VAT.

What achieved that I managed to "type over" the Price to EX VAT:

So if a customer buys from us they know it is EX Vat what they are looking at.

https://silversouth.co.uk/products/ptp335?_pos=1&_sid=258b2fda1&_ss=r

Screen Shot 2020-12-02 at 10.26.26.png

You can do this here

The setting I mentioned will only enable some text for you to customize and tell your customers if taxes are included or excluded. You can edit the text by following the instructions here: https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/online-store/legacy/using-themes/change-the-layout/change-wording

Shopify only allows to have one price (which is either VAT included or excluded, based on how you have configured your store). It is not possible to show two different prices out of the box in Shopify, as Shopify only return one single price.

Shopify emailed me some expert who can actually go into the coding and change it for you, I will contact them today as well. 

I dont think it is a pricey exercise. You can try to do this yourself as well, but because every template is different, you can muck up your template and it can go wrong.

Apparently what you want is showing one more price, but this cannot be achieved natively in Shopify, and is something that you will need to achieve through custom coding. You can hire a development service like Enhancify (our recommendation), TaskHusky, Carson or a Shopify Expert for instance to create such a feature for you.

I hope this helps:D

St3v3
Excursionist
38 0 26

Thanks for the reply.

That is how we currently have it setup. Ours show 'plus VAT' next to each item as we mainly sell to buisnesses.

I was just playing with the Google Merchant Account Setup and one of their requirements is to have the prices set as 'inc VAT', so was hoping to be able to have both shown to cover all instances.

Det742021
Pathfinder
83 1 26

Hey

just let you know I installed the Exemptify app, which can do this, so now I can see Ex Vat and Inc VAT, taken few minutes to set up and you can chose from few options how you want to see the price

maybe you can use this as well