Showing vendor name under the product title

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
10 1 0

Hi,

I have tried but I am still not able to show the name of the vendor on the front end of the website. I see it in the All products page. But don't know how to show it to the end user. This is the code I see in my product template. How can I modify this code to show vendor name with product name? Thanks!

<div class="grid__item product-single__meta--wrapper medium--five-twelfths large--five-twelfths">
<div class="product-single__meta">
{% if section.settings.product_vendor_enable %}
<h2 class="product-single__vendor" itemprop="brand">{{ product.vendor }}</h2>
{% endif %}

<h1 class="product-single__title" itemprop="name">{{ product.title }}</h1>

<div itemprop="offers" itemscope itemtype="http://schema.org/Offer">
{% comment %}
Optionally show the 'compare at' or original price of the product.
{% endcomment %}

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
294 33 45

Hi, Tanz!

Are you trying to get the vendor names to appear on the product pages specifically? If this is the case and you are using a Shopify developed theme, you can enable this in your theme editor following the instructions below:

• Login to your Shopify admin and click Online Store
  • Click Customize on your active theme
  • At the top of the page click Home Page and switch the selected option to Product Pages
  • Then click the Product Pages tab on the left hand side
  • Show product vendor should be one of the first options to toggle

Let me know if you theres something else you're looking for or if you have any further questions! 

Oliver | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
10 1 0

Thanks Oliver. I can see the Vendor name in the Products Page. But only I can see that as the admin. It's not showing on the website to the end user.

I am using Brooklyn theme if that helps.

Thanks!

Tanz

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
294 33 45

@Tanz 

Thanks for the context. Can you show me the vendor setting saved along with a screenshot of what the storefront looks like when it's enabled? I'd love to bring this to our themes team directly for further information since you're using Brooklyn.

Warm regards,

0 Likes
Highlighted
7 0 0

@Oliver Was this ever solved? I am curious how to show the vendor name under the title of a Featured Product on the Home page. I am also using the Brooklyn theme.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
294 33 45

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @englafornian !

In the Brooklyn theme, there's a button in your theme editor within the Featured Product section that allows you to enable displaying the vendor. You'll need to have a vendor added to the product in your Shopify admin for it to display. From your admin, click Products and then find the product you're working with and click it. You'll see the Vendor section along the right hand side. You can also see an example from a test store as a point of reference here.

If the button isn't available in your version of the Brooklyn theme, it likely means it's an older version that doesn't allow for this. You can download a fresh copy of Brooklyn from the theme store here.

If the Show Vendor button is checked and still not appearing on your website, we'll get you authenticated and we can take a closer look into this together.

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi Oliver,

I'm having the same problem, unfortunately I couldn't find the show vendor toggle in the Products Page. I am using a Context (Chic) Theme and am wondering if there is another way? Thank you!

Kind regards,

Abigail

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
294 33 45

Hi, @abt_ethikos !

The "Show Vendor" toggle is a feature that's added and supported for Shopify developed themes. The Context theme is developed by a third party which means what's added in your theme editor fully depends on how the theme is developed on their end. I'd recommend getting in touch with the theme developer directly to see if it's something that's supported or reaching out to a Shopify Expert to have it added custom to your theme.

Warm regards!

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

We are using IRA, does that have the ability to add vendor name to our website or do we need to look at another theme to do this? How do I work out which theme would best do this?

Cheers

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
294 33 45

Hi, @CCAdaptive 

IRA would be another theme that's been created by a third party developer which means I wouldn't be able to confirm whether it has this feature or not. All of Shopify's free theme's are built with this feature though and you can find them here. Additionally, you can view the theme demo or even try the theme in your own theme editor before purchasing it to view it's features and see if it's the right fit for your business. Here's where you would find those options from the Shopify Theme Store.

All the best!

0 Likes