Simple Functionality?

Excursionist
20 0 2

Had a chat with a Shopify assistant, wanted to know if it was possible to give the customer an option to use a discount code instead of an automatic discount. In my scenario I wanted a wholesale buyer to get a higher rate discount than the automatic one, this discount code was blocked because of the automatic discount applying and only one discount can apply at a time.

I see the customer being able to uncheck the discount just like a coupon as a basic function, more so a little annoyed that the automatic discount does not have customer tags to allow me to work around this issue. I was told my suggestion was a great idea and it will be put forth to the dev team. Incredibly frustrated to see numerous posts about the same issue dating back couple years.

The solution suggested? Buy yet another app...come on guys. Sorry, venting a little here as this is becoming a 'freemium' kind of business model, only it isn't even free either

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
69 11 10

Hello Ababusa, 

Please check this link here you will find different discount features which may help you in implementing on your store. 

https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/promoting-marketing/discount-codes

Please let me know, if you need any further assistance. 

Want to modify or develop new app, Hire us.
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution .
Email: support.zestard@gmail.com
Custom Modifications In To Shopify Theme | Shopify Private App | SEO & Digital Marketing
0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
20 0 2

Thanks for your reply, I managed to source a workaround for my issue, albeit took me the best part of the entire day to figure out. 

Goes to show, an app is not the solution to every problem.

0 Likes