Simple... I just want to update product pricing via CSV

Solved
LucasS
Tourist
3 0 3

You will need to know your way around a spreadsheet. For simple products with only one variant:

1. Do an export of all your products.
  2. Auto-filter the rows to remove ones with blank variant prices.
  3. Delete all columns except Handle, Title, Variant Price, and Variant Compare At Price.
  4. Save as a new CSV file.
  5. Close that file and open your new one (so you're working with plain text).
  6. Remove rows for products you don't want to update.
  7. Change your prices.
  8. Save again, making sure the file format is still CSV.
  9. Close and open new file again to be sure the text in it is what you expect.
  10. Import into Shopify having ticked the overwrite checkbox (which updates existing products that match the handle).

For multiple variants, retain the option columns headings and extra rows as @rmanke advised.

NatalieJabon
2 0 0

Hi, can I have for a help? 

0 Likes
rmanke
Shopify Partner
140 0 32

Sure, what help do you need?

Shopify expert, software developer and designer.
0 Likes
AlexisBxl
1 0 0

Found it sorry! 

0 Likes
trushal_1998
1 0 1

Hello Friend,

NlevSam
Tourist
6 0 4

I'm ready to upload my price change file - I have handle title, my variant options and variant sku columns in place - as well as variant price and variant compare at price.  I deleted the body column - I do not want to touch the body.  According to this thread I will be ok but according to the documentation it says the Body column cannot be missing - help who is right?

My body descriptions have fancy formatting - I don't want to break anything.....I also don't want to include tags column or type column....

NlevSam_0-1608077887090.png

0 Likes
LucasS
Tourist
3 0 3

I didn't include that column at all when updating prices, and descriptions weren't deleted. As that help says, if you include that column but leave it blank, it will delete all your descriptions. I guess it's only required for new products. If you're concerned, first do another export of your products as a backup, then update the prices. If it goes wrong, upload that backup.

NlevSam
Tourist
6 0 4

Thanks - I hate it when documentation scares me!  I left out all those columns and all good!  That went very well!  I wish this were less frightening!

0 Likes
rmanke
Shopify Partner
140 0 32

Yes, it is important not to include a column if it is empty, otherwise you risk emptying the contents of the cell.

If you do a complete backup of your products before you start you are pretty safe if you make sure only to update the fields you want to change.

Shopify expert, software developer and designer.
0 Likes
Blue_Leaf
Tourist
6 0 1

Just want to say a big thanks to 

Much appreciated my friend.