Simple... I just want to update product pricing via CSV

Solved
Highlighted
Excursionist
38 0 38

I need to update pricing on the products we are selling in bulk via CSV file.  I get updates on pricing, etc just about every month.  I don't want to change anything else.  How can I import just the new product price without changing anything else. I don't want an app. Can I just import a file with the Variant SKU and the new Variant Price.  If I override will it eliminate all of the other information?

I don't have time to update each individual price as it takes way too much time.  There are tens of thousands of products.

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
303 5 54

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, Angela!

There is this app https://excelify.io that does exactly that (and not only that).

You can import the file with two columns:

• Variant SKU
  • Variant Price

and it will update the price for all product variants that have that SKU.

Here’s the tutorial how to do that: https://excelify.io/2018/02/12/update-shopify-product-by-sku/

Maris

Excelify.io | Bulk Import Export Update Migrate | https://excelify.io
Highlighted
Excursionist
38 0 38

Maris,

Thank you for your reply.  In my post I stated I do not want an app.  I just get responses in this manner that have directed me to apps that do not work the way I want them.  With my amount of products I would be paying hundreds to thousands of dollars every month for little things needed.  I know it is possible through the regular shopify information but I have yet to find it again.  

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
303 5 54

Oh, so sorry, Angela!

I was so excited to help you that I skipped over that sentence and did’t really notice it.

That’s super rude of me.

Terribly sorry.

Maris

Excelify.io | Bulk Import Export Update Migrate | https://excelify.io
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 4

I have yet to find a way to do this as well seems like a very basic thing that should exist why require me to upload everything just to change price on a csv or qty even. Please Shopify fix this issue. Shouldn't have to pay up to $20 to $200/mo just to bulk update prices which should be a basic feature.

Highlighted
Excursionist
38 0 38

Yes,

Dustan it seems that Shopify just wants to make money off of apps.  This has still after a year continues to be unresolved.  You would think that this would be simple to do.  We can update inventory but not the price fields.  

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 4

Yeah I settled with Excel-like Spreadsheet Bulk Product Manager it is 6.99/mo or 99.99 for lifetime trying the 6.99 but so far so good then will get the lifetime. Can use sku or id or even upc and just one column to update whatever you want. I have about 4000 skus did it pretty quickly again should be standard but can't build my own cart so here I am best of the worst.

Highlighted
Shopify Expert
146 0 27

I don't think there is a way to achieve this without any app (private or public). That being said, here's how you can schedule automatic updates for your SKU pricing with Moose Sync.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
134 0 24

You can selectively import only the columns you want to change, such as the price.  There is no need to import every column in the spreadsheet.  

You DON"T need an app to do this.  It's basic Shopify functionality.

@Angela_Hardiman wrote:

I need to update pricing on the products we are selling in bulk via CSV file.  I get updates on pricing, etc just about every month.  I don't want to change anything else.  How can I import just the new product price without changing anything else. I don't want an app. Can I just import a file with the Variant SKU and the new Variant Price.  If I override will it eliminate all of the other information?

I don't have time to update each individual price as it takes way too much time.  There are tens of thousands of products.

Shopify expert, software developer and designer.
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi,

I have tried updating prices only.

There are two strange things here:

1. Only SKU isn't enough, for some reason title is required for import.

I solve it adding it. Not a big deal

2. Some strange side effect is that after price import the inventory levels are set to 0.

I don't want to load inventory every time with a price - is there a reason why it works this way and some reasonable workaround?

Regards

Ricardas

P.S. I use csv as

Handle, Title, Variant SKU, Variant Price, Variant Compare At Price

0 Likes