Simple Template - How to move Collections descriptions

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 0

Hello,

I've been trying to figure out how to move the collection descriptions from displaying across products and instead display below each collection . This way I can eliminate the collection descriptions in the left hand column and use the full width to displays the product photos.  Here's a screen shot of the issue. On my website I've turned the descriptions off because it looks pretty, bad in my option. Does anyone have any experience with moving the description names to below the collections?  I have nil programming experience. Many thanks! 

Screenshot from 2020-11-20 10-32-38.png

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hello.....
Please share your store URL .
So that I will check and let you know the exact solution here.

Want to modify or incorporate custom changes on store, Hire us
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution .
Email: pallavi@oscprofessionals.com
Whats app
Free Website Review and advice for sale from Shopify Conversion Experts | Shopify Private App | Custom Theme Development | Custom Modifications In To Shopify Theme | Shopify SEO ; Digital Marketing & amp | Site Speed Optimization | Performance Site Audit
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
38 2 4

Hi Wendy, as oscprofessional said, it could help to know more about yout store such as what your theme is.

Something useful for you to know though, is that your screenshot is of the theme editor. That means becasue you are editing a theme, there might not be a setting to do that in that specific theme. And if programming is too scary, try some other themes and see if any of those are designed with the description position you require (as all themes are different).

Alternatively, if you have purchased your theme, some theme developers might be able to make the change for you. It is worth a try for sure.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 0

Thank you for responding so quickly.

My URL is : https://smallbatchdesigncompany.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
38 2 4

This is an accepted solution.

Hi Wendy,

It does seem you are using this theme: https://themes.shopify.com/themes/simple/styles/light

And if that is the case, you cannot make the change from within the theme editor, not with that theme.

There are other themes with different settings but you need to give them a try to see if they provide all the different settigns you want.

So you will either need to have sombody help you change code, or try another theme.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 0

Thank you!

Sometimes it is difficult to know if the theme just needs a little modification. I'll check out some other themes. 

0 Likes