Simple exchange?!?!

iWoofu
Tourist
5 0 2

Exchange Online should be a basic straight forward function for an Online store (i.e.  customers often need to exchange their purchased product for a different size / colour etc. ). It is interesting that this function is available with POS and not online.. why is that? . I have contacted Shopify Support to ask when the Exchange function will be available as standard for Online stores. Guru Graham has kindly agreed to raise this issue internally. Let us hope that Shopify quickly ... review the POS exchange process and update the standard Shopify software with the same exchange process. 

MiMoWigs
Tourist
4 0 8
It is definitely needed. It is ludicrous that we have to pay for other add on applications for a feature that is so heavily used and required. Please sort it ASAP, Shopify
James_Reynolds
Explorer
39 0 40

Bumping this up again. Can't believe this isn't a simple doable process...

Exchanging for a bigger/smaller size should be a click of a button operation (with new shipping docs generated and a proper history created).

Please get this sorted Shopify!

vwdesigner
1 0 0

I'm having a lot of trouble with this too! I found this article in the help: https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/sell-in-person/pos-classic/transactions/orders/exchange-item BUT, I only have a refund option when I go to my order page... no exchange option in my shop. Do we need to have a more premium plan to do simple exchanges? So weird!

0 Likes
Jess_AltoQ
5 0 0

Hi Stacy,

I hear your frustration!  I agree that it should be built into Shopify as a basic feature, but as it's not, we got sick of waiting and built an app.

If you're still looking for a solution, you may like to check out AltoQ Exchange on the app store.  This app gives Merchants functionality in the admin area of their Shopify store to offer returns and exchange for replacement products or store credit.  AltoQ Exchange doesn't edit original orders.  It uses a combination of draft orders and Shopify gift card credit to invoice accurately for the replacement products. 

Unlike other return and exchange apps, I'd like to stress that we don't use "discounts" to credit the new invoice as from an accounting perspective this is totally incorrect.

We offer a 30 day free trial so that you have sufficient time to evaluate if it suits your needs.  https://apps.shopify.com/altoq-exchange

Please feel free to reach out if you have any questions - jessica@altoq.io

0 Likes
Jess_AltoQ
5 0 0

Hi Approachable1!

Not to brag, but our "AltoQ Exchange" app is a lot more flexible and automates a lot more exchange scenarios than "Exchange It".  For example you are able to exchange for any value of exchange - even and uneven.  Or, you can issue a store credit.

I urge you to think about solutions and apps which rely on "discounting" to achieve the correct exchange value.  They are incorrect from an accounting perspective and distort sales figures.  Eek!  Gift cards and store credits are in technical terms deferred liabilities.  They are the only correct way to manage an exchange if you want your sales numbers to be correct.

AltoQ Exchange app: Make your accountant happy!AltoQ Exchange app: Make your accountant happy!

0 Likes
mmisek
Tourist
3 0 1

Hi Shopify.  Please add an exchange feature.  It's sorely needed!

Instead of adding new features and programs, take care of the critical quality of life items that will keep your customers on your platform.

yasmineidriss
Tourist
3 0 1

Just want to bump this thread. It's incredibly frustrating that there's not a simple exchange option! There is no reason that I can imagine other than Shopify wanting to upsell apps. But it's truly unacceptable for a shopping platform not to offer one of the most basic shopping workflows. Buy, exchange, return. These should be 100% a given by default. Shopify obviously knows this.

0 Likes
BarefootShoes
2 0 0

Shopify- 

Big Commence has an exchange function. Why don't you? 

0 Likes