Single Sign-On (SSO) SAML with AWS Cognito | Shopify NON PLUS

priyanshu_singh
1 0 0

Hello,

We use AWS Cognito as our Identity Provider. Ideally we would like to use AWS Cognito to login into Shopify Store via Shopify SSO or something similar to this.

My users are in AWS Cognito , Is there anyway I can allow them to SSO in Shopify (Plus or Non Plus) with their existing AWS Cognito credentials?

Is there anything around this?

0 Likes
Katlien
Tourist
5 0 2

Right now Shopify only supports SSO (with Multipass) for the Shopify Plus version. So if you are willing to go with the Plus version of Shopify this is the best option available.

But as I did not want to upgrade my Shopify due to my budget, I went with the alternate solution available which I found here. I could integrate SSO with AWS Cognito with my Shopify store successfully.

miniOrange provides a solution for shopify Non-Plus versions. Even though they seem to be providing Shopify SSO with any capable identity providers with different standard protocols included like OAuth,SAML,Open ID i made my integration with SAML 2.0.

I preferred integration with SAML 2.0 as my users are in AWS Cognito. Here the AWS cognito works as IDP and my users can easily authenticate via AWS credentials

They provided a suitable Single Sign-on (SSO) solution, so users never face a sign-on problem and also have a high level of security policy by configuring MFA .

peter90
5 0 0

i am a new developer to shopify can you help me to  integrate SSO with AWS Cognito with my Shopify store

0 Likes
Katlien
Tourist
5 0 2

Hello Peter,

You can contact miniOrange team for more queries.  

You can check out their application by clicking here.

0 Likes
peter90
5 0 0

no mam i had to make my web application as identity provider of my shopify store to maintain both of the applicatiion 

how can i make it?

0 Likes
Katlien
Tourist
5 0 2
Miniorange team can help you with this Peter , They can help you connect your other web application to Shopify by make it a Identity Provider if your other web application support some standard SSO protocols like SAML, OAuth2.0 , OpenID, etc. In case your web-application does not  support any standard protocols , Miniorange can help you connect your other web application to Shopify via their own IdP. 

One my clients had the similar case in which they had a NodeJS application and all their users exists in NodeJS application itself and he wants his NodeJS users to login into Shopify with their existing NodeJS application credentials

Miniorange helped my other client with his use case and provided him a best in class solution for his use-case. I would recommend you to directly contact them. 
They can be reached via following link

0 Likes