Single Sign On

Highlighted
1 0 0
I'm looking for an e-commerce solution which can work together with my CMS. Is it possible to create some kind of Single Sign On so the user only need to login to my CMS and then open a new window with Shopify and it's automatically logged in?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
3 0 0

I am seeking to use Shopify as a single sign-on too. Is this built-in? I suppose I could use Shopify from a subdomain [shop.example.com] and then check the cookie on my other domains [forums.example.com] but it would be better to have this built-in. Plus the cookie would need to be for all domains in [.example.com] so Shopify would need to write the cookie in that way.

Any update on this? Is this part of the API or is there an app for this? Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Greg

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
4262 32 434

@Gregory,

I posted a simple gist some time back, showing how single-sign on worked with a password protected shopify site. Free code.. dig back in the time machine and have fun.. it works fine. You sign in to site X and if you're authenticated, you can pass through the password protecting the Shopify site. Big deal...

Why you guys want to password protect Shopify is beyond me, but to each their own. If not, then your question is what exactly? There is no need to sign in to Shopify in the first place.

Custom Shopify Apps built just for you! hunkybill@gmail.com http://www.resistorsoftware.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
10 0 0

Password protection for wholesale vs consumer I'm guessing... That is one thing I miss in Shopify, the ability to let customers sign-in and have prices adjusted based on user groups. BUT, that's not why Shopify was developed - it really isn't the tool for everything - and that's one of it's successes. Simplicity is bliss.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1 0 0

Does anyone have information on a way for customers to put in their email to receive newsletters etc?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 2

At this moment Shopify provides Single Sign-On (SSO) for Shopify Plus Stores. I want my customers to be able to login to my Shopify store via my existing user store.

I thought customer can only login to their Shopify account with their Shopify email and their password

But i observed an App in the shopify marketplace named as Single Sign-On (SSO) Login By miniOrange Provides single sign-on via SAML, OAuth, OpenID Connect, LDAP. I was using their app for the past 40 days (free trial period of 90 days they offered). It works fine for me and they set up my Shopify store SSO integration with ADFS using SAML protocol. 

You can try this to know more about their app.

1 Like