Site goes off line when switching from Basic to Lite

1 0 0

Hi all,

We tried changing our plan from Basic to Lite today and when we did we saw that our site went offline! The only way to get it back was to revert back to our original plan. Can anyone offer some insight into why this happened? How can we change our plan to Lite?

Thanks!

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
109 0 16

Hey Kary!

The reason you are unable to use the Lite plan and have an online storefront is because the online storefronts are only available when using the Basic plan or higher. You can see on our Plans/Pricing Page that the online store feature won't be available when using the Lite plan.

You can still sell products on the Lite plan using either the Buy Buttons, Facebook channel or Point of Sale app but by the sounds of things though you are looking to have an online storefront. In that case, I would suggest sticking to the Basic plan to start. :) 

Cheers,
Bob O. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I am having this same problem but I actually don't require a shopfront.

So I switched from Basic to Lite after changing business model from retail to service provider and will not be selling at this stage.

When I switched my website it disappeared and now says this domain does not have a website yet?

0 Likes