Sitemap showing errors

Highlighted
18 0 0
Hi, My sitemap is showing errors... Here is what it says... I have not had problems with this before, it was always doing fine.. what is going on? Line Status Details Details - General HTTP error: 404 not found We encountered an error while trying to access your Sitemap. Please ensure your Sitemap follows our guidelines and can be accessed at the location you provided and then resubmit. HTTP Error: Found: 404 (Not found) Help Mar 14, 2008 I have had my store through Shopify for several months now with no errors.. why now? Can someone help me? Thanks Robyn
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
120 0 4

I’m having the same problem. I’ve tried resubmitting but with no luck.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
2002 0 46

Can you reach it manually?
(example.com/sitemap.xml)

Tobias Lütke - Shopify CEO // http://twitter.com/tobi
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
120 0 4

Yep, that works fine and the sitemap appears to be a valid format. The error I’m getting is different though:

Network unreachable: robots.txt unreachable 
We encountered an error while trying to access your Sitemap. Please ensure your Sitemap follows our guidelines and can be accessed at the location you provided and then resubmit.

However, my robots.txt file is actually reachable, so I don’t know what the issue can be. I’ll try contacting Google support.

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

I am also having the same issue.

www.salonstore.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Can see both sitemap.xml and robots.txt, but Google gives same “robots.txt unreachable” error as above

0 Likes
Highlighted
15 0 0

Same here I’m afraid. Google Webmaster is showing sitemap errors. No pages from sitemap are currently indexed, 25 URL errors in sitemap and 25 unreachable URLs (not sure if these are the same problem as errors in sitemap). My sitemap was unindexed at start of week, re-indexed yesterday and un-indexed today?

At the start of the week my home page was said to be unreachable by google, JadedPixel got back to me with the following email:

_Please disregard this error – we have temporarily disabled bot access to our pages in order to facilitate in the re-indexing of our search facility. The feature will return shortly.

Take care,

Shopify_

Is this still the same problem, as before recieving the above email about my homepage, my sitemap was listed fine?

Hoping someone can re-assure me that everything will be OK soon.

Kindest regards

Brad
www.gardenalfresco.co.uk

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 1

Im having same problem as the original post (Robyn).
Has anyone addressed this? Is there an answer out there?

General HTTP error: 404 not found
We encountered an error while trying to access your Sitemap. Please ensure your Sitemap follows our guidelines and can be accessed at the location you provided and then resubmit.

My sitemap is viewable at Mydomain/sitemap.xml

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 0

Same error - any solutions yet?

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

I have had issues since i created my site and spent hours trying to resolve ,no success.

When i try to reach sitemap manually it just gives me a code, this is really frustrating,can somebody help please.

0 Likes