Skipping Checkout Steps

Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 11

Hi,

I have a store where default shipping is $10, but shipping is free over $100.

My problem is the check out from the cart skips the first two teps (including the shipping) if the user is logged in and goes directly to the payment screen (#3)? And it forgets about the free shipping alltogether.
If the user changes the amounts in his cart and suddenly qualifies for free shipping, the checkout button jumps to page three and still charges for basic shipping.

Is there a setting somewhere where Checout NEVER skips pages 1 and 2?

Thanks,

Highlighted
1 0 2

I'm looking for an answer to this exact question as well.

Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 11

Hello?

Anybody there?

This is a serious bug, and confuses the heck out of people, and there is no reason for it.

Highlighted
Excursionist
16 0 6

Call Shopify!!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
5711 0 150

Hey Erwin! I chatted with the checkout team about this after replicating myself. Based on data and experience, we found that keeping information from previous visit has proven to increase conversion rate.

After seeing a few use cases we understand that this can be a problem in some instances. Your case where the customer goes back to the cart only to enable free shipping is a perfect example. We will explore how to handle this scenario better and see what we can do.

http://shopifyplus.com ::: http://twitter.com/bacchus
Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 11

Thanks Jamie,

A simple solution could be to just check the Shipping Method just before skipping to step 3 to see if it is the same as it was before, if not, skip to step 2 instead.

But thanks for checking it out.

Erwin

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1 0 1

hi Jamie

There's not "problem in some instances"... And I am agree with Erwin just check the Shipping Method just before skipping to step 3 to see if it is the same as it was before, if not, skip to step 2 instead.

My customer complaint that Checkout product ABC then they found that need to buy more for delivery free. Back to cart and add one more, checkout, auto jump to final step with shipping fee still there.

Shopify have to correct this "stupid cache" quickly!

Thanks.

Highlighted
2 0 3

This post is not outdated. It's still an issue. I was just able to reproduce it in my store. 

Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 7

we have this problem too

anyone from shopify care to chime in again?

Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 7

we just were in contact with Brian M of shopify. He is following up on this with the tech team.