Skipping Checkout Steps

Erwin4
Tourist
8 0 12

That's good news. Good work!

0 Likes
Aizil_Akmar_Oma
1 0 0

I'm having the same problem. The shipping cost is not updated. Any idea how to solve this?

0 Likes
Lord_Acuna
Tourist
9 0 1

Same problem here.

Is there a way we can direct the Checkout button to the Shipping Method part instead of the Payment Method right away?

Luke_Kelly
Tourist
28 0 2

So Shopify? Any solution? I was going to put in some java script in the additional script box, for the google analytics (after using a query making sure the current page was infact check out) by appending the current url with ?step=contact_information. However, of course that creates a loop and can't move away from the Customer Information tab.

By the way, an employee mentioned about it currently being better for conversion. I disagree.

I will persist.

0 Likes
Benjine_Gerber
2 0 0

Hello, 

I have the same issue, which is worrying for cases where the client goes back, add more items and then still pay shipping for fewer items they had before. Please let me know if there is any way to prevent any steps to be skipped in the checkout.

0 Likes
Luke_Kelly
Tourist
28 0 2

I have a solution to this issue. Together with a friend we managed to write some Javascript that will check the URL and append it so that the checkout process always starts from the begining. It took some tweaking but it appears to be working well (after a quick redirect).

First make sure you have put your google analytics account info in your store, if you haven't, follow this guide.The following code needs to go into the 'additional google analytics javascript' found in the back-end /admin/online_store/preferences.

// Cart Order Workaround
// Below we check that the location.href is true, then check the queries following that url exist
// If both true replace the query with our own in the location.search
if (/checkout\.shopify\.com\//.test(location.href) && /^\?_ga=.*\&locale=.*\&sid=.*$/.test(location.search)) {
 location.search = "?step=contact_information";
}

This is the cleanest and quickest method we could come up with (after trying different routes).

If you have found this useful, consider sending me a tip to my PayPal lucjameskelly(at)gmail.com

Enjoy! :)

0 Likes
Diane_Melen
Excursionist
16 0 6

Hey Shopify (looking into this problem 1 month ago, Jamie looking into 6 months ago)

Customer LUKE is working on this - what has Shopify been doing?  What are the issues that stop a fix from happening?  I would be good to hear, since it appears there is NO work on this. 

Luke, I am not a techie, just an entrepaneur and as much as I would love to try your solution, I need to wait until there is something official from Shopify. Love that you are persisting!!

Diane

Balanced_Blends
1 0 0

Same problem.

Anyone found a solution other than Luke's?

Thanks,

0 Likes
S_Australian
12 0 0

@Luke Kelly

I tried your solution man, but I didn't notice any change at all. What text exactly do I enter into the  'Additional Google Analytics Javascript' field ?

This??..

if (/checkout\.shopify\.com\//.test(location.href) && /^\?_ga=.*\&locale=.*\&sid=.*$/.test(location.search)) {
 location.search = "?step=contact_information";
}

Or..... everything you posted in that box? I tried both... no dice.... still skips all the way to the payment part, instead of going from the beginning of the process (shipping info etc)..

0 Likes
Luke_Kelly
Tourist
28 0 2

Is your google analytics account active?

This is how it looks for me.

0 Likes