Skipping Checkout Steps

Simina_Stancu
5 0 0

Hi Luke,

Could you please take a look at my site as well? www.puffinaut.ro 

I have copy pasted all the versions of the code, but none of them seem to work...

Most appreciated

0 Likes
Simina_Stancu
5 0 0

Sorry, it seems to be working now. I just had to clear my cache.

Thanks so much Luke! Your solution is really amazing. 

0 Likes
Josh_Smith1
4 0 0

Luke I tried your fix and its not working for me can you have a look and see what im doing wrong.

IwantThatIneedThat.com

0 Likes
Luke_Kelly
Tourist
28 0 2

Hello Josh,

if(document.location.search.length) {
    // query string exists - do nothing
} else {
  location.search = "?step=shipping_method";  // no query string exists - append with query
}

This works on your site/checkout process. You can change "?step=shipping_method" to "?step=contact_information" if you would like the customer to start at the begining of the checkout process everytime.

0 Likes
Josh_Smith1
4 0 0

Hello Luke and thank you for getting bak to me. I tried your script with nbpth changes and it didnt change anything. Im adding it to the google analitics section maybe this is the wrong spot? Also I shuld be coping the entire script you put up correct?

0 Likes

So this issue is back for ages and still, Shopify what are you doing about it. Read a reply from one of your team back in 2015 saying that you are trying to fix this????

Issam
1 0 2

Here is a fix I developed that takes into account 2 scénari (you need to have google analytics installed) :

//When customer comes from cart after modifying it
var ga = document.location.search.includes("_ga");
if (ga) location.search = "?step=shipping_method";

//when customer uses the links in the checkout menu
var contain_payment = document.location.search.includes("step=payment_method");
var contain_shipping = document.location.search.includes("previous_step=shipping_method");
if (contain_payment & !contain_shipping){
  location.search = "?step=shipping_method"; 
}

Hope this helps,

Issam

Josh_Smith1
4 0 0

yes thank you this fixed it for me

0 Likes
sajapansales
3 0 0

FYI this issue seems to have been fixed, perhaps by shopify themselves, perhaps as a result of (or in tandem with) the changes they made to the checkout domain being on our own domains, rather than the shopify one (as it was in the past).

Anyway I just tested it and, after creating a cart, going through shipping method etc, then going back and adding more items, got a message stating that my shipping costs had changed, and it automatically sent me back to the shipping method page. Good stuff! Works perfectly now.

Thanks... shopify? :D

0 Likes

Is this issue resolved by shopify tech team? I am also experiencing the same issue. - Ashish

0 Likes