Skipping Checkout Steps

Hi ,

This is good solution but at times shopify url does not content step information as query string when steps are skipped.

e.g. https://www.testing.com/1532338239/checkouts/1e84666ea2a7955?_ga=2.178048933.1866752557.1548154305-1...

This url is on payment method step.

Any workaround for this?

- Ashish

0 Likes
Jul
6 0 0

Hi Guys,

I'm having the same problem, 

When I go to check out and I have already filled my contact it skips the Information & shipping pages, where in shipping I have different option that can be chosen.

I'm using venture theme.

Thanks in advance for your feedback

0 Likes
Jul
6 0 0

Hi Luke, This didn't work for me.

I appreciate your assistance in this matter. 

regards 

0 Likes
kurji1
1 0 1

Some please tell me there is s solution to this

My problem is the check out from the cart skips the first two teps including the shipping if the user is logged in and goes directly to the payment screen (#3) and will the pages 1 and 2 where it asks you for (pick it up or shipping)

PetesMeats
1 0 1

Still having the same problem November 2020

emrl
2 0 0

@PetesMeatsunfortunately still around like you said. The previous solution no longer works as Shopify sandboxes the additional analytics code now in its own iframe. Having this as an option for each shop to decide on their own is the only acceptable solution. Let us decide whether it creates the most conversions for our customers, not Shopify.

0 Likes
GrumpyBob
Tourist
5 0 3

smh...5 years later, and shopify still can't be bothered to fix this?

ClurPancake
1 0 1

I can't believe there's not an 'opt out' of this feature. So many customers have come to me and said "I didn't select second class shipping" and it's all because of this step skipping. How frustrating.

kffw
Tourist
3 0 2

@Issam Hey, Im having the same issue, can you tell me where excatly I´ll have to implement this code, to never skip a step on the shopify checkout. Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
kffw
Tourist
3 0 2

same here, we´re doing a shop with local delivery, normal shipping and local pickup options. Customers should always see all checkout steps, because its very confusing for them when they clicked local delivery last order but now maybe want to pickup but checkout automatically redirects them to the last checkout page where local delivery is still enabled. This even is the case when we disable user accounts. There has to be a way of solving this shopify!! This issue has been going on since 2015! We´ll switch to woocommerce otherwise. Thanks in advance.

Oh and by the way, shopify support wasnt very helpful as well, just told me how to disable user account. Could´ve done that on my own. Cheers.

0 Likes