Slideshow not working on Debut theme

Shopify Partner
4 0 0

Please can someone help me out, My slideshow is not working automatically on my homepage.The first image is there but the slideshow function has stopped working. I am using the Debut theme. 

0 Likes
Shopify Expert
551 24 87

A link to your store would be extremely helpful. And make sure to disable or post the storefront password here, otherwise nobody can take a look.

That said, Debut is supported by Shopify, so you can ask official support for help here: https://help.shopify.com/questions

★ ThemeUp: Nifty Upgrades for your Shopify Store ★ https://themeup.net
0 Likes
Shopify Partner
4 0 0

Sorry about that. 

Here is the link. https://mpact-2019.myshopify.com

0 Likes
Shopify Expert
551 24 87

Hmm, weird. It doesn't play when the page loads, but if you click the pause button and then restart the slideshow, it works.

Maybe contact Shopify support, might be a bug in the theme. There aren't any errors visible in the Javascript console, so it's probably not an interfering app or a code modification.

★ ThemeUp: Nifty Upgrades for your Shopify Store ★ https://themeup.net
0 Likes
Shopify Partner
4 0 0

Thanks Thomas, I have contacted them but they are taking a while to get back to me so I wanted to reach out to the community.

Thanks for the advice.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
133 14 25

Hey, @Stacyg!

Sunny here from the Shopify Guru team and I would be happy to help with this.

At first glance, I can definitely replicate this issue. I am not able to use the area shown in my screenshot below to move between images and on top of that, your slideshow seems to be stuck.

26-41-2479q-126am

After playing around a little I found that you need to click on the pause icon and then hit the refresh icon to start the slideshow. Watch this video recording here to see a demonstration. Of course this is less than ideal and not normal behaviour. Let's see what we can do to fix it together! Is it possible that you have added or changed your theme's code to adjust this feature? If so, you may want to revisit the area that was adjusted and either revert the changes or make the necessary updates to fix the feature.

If changes to your code have been made, let me know where and I can do my best to help fix that with you. Here if you have any questions, too!

Cheers,

Sunny | Shopify Guru

Sunny | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
4 0 0
Hi There

Yes I have made code changes but i don't believe that the slide show was
working from the beginning. I'm not sure how to revert the changes but I
think this would be a good idea.

Thank you for your help. I really appreciate it.
0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
133 14 25

Thanks for sharing that context with me!

Even if the code changes weren't directed to change the slideshow functionality, it could be indirectly causing it to not work. To revert the changes, head over to Online Store > Themes > Actions > Edit Code and this will redirect you to your theme's code area. From here, navigate to the specific page that you made code changes and at the top of that page you'll see a button that says "Older versions".

27-20-467ul-wfndg

If you click on that, it will show you each time that specific theme file was edited. If you select a specific date in the past, it will revert the code to that time before those changes were made. Click save and double check on your website if that helped. You can also read this help doc here that will show you how to do this using visuals and step-by-step instructions. 

Another option would be to download a new version of Debut from our Theme Store, rename it to Debut - Test or something similar so you don't get confused, and then preview it to see if the sideshow works. Testing with a version of your theme that is untouched is always a great way to troubleshoot a coding issue. 

If you can tell me what code changes you made and where, with screenshots, I may be able to pinpoint the area where it's causing issues to your slideshow.

Let me know how that goes and if you have any questions!

Cheers,

Sunny | Shopify Guru

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

I have the same problem!  Need help

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
133 14 25

Hey there, @MatiLavag!

I'm very sorry to hear that your slideshow isn't working. Can you tell me a little bit more about this? What is your slideshow doing that makes you feel it's not working. Does it not automatically change to the next image or is the issue when you click on the arrow button, or is it both?

Have you made any changes to your theme around the time it stopped working, for example, have you changed your theme's code, downloaded a new app, hired a developer, etc? Last question for you, what theme are you using? 

If you can provide a link to your shop, that would be very helpful so that I can see exactly what you're experiencing. Please let me know if you have any questions at all and I look forward to hearing from you!

Cheers,

Sunny

0 Likes