Sort All Products By Price In Admin Panel

Jessica_Littlef
Visitor
3 0 8

So i took a screenshot and would like a "price" column so i can sort by the cheapest in descending/acsending order. I See "inventory" "type" "vendor" but would love for a price to be there. 

https://ibb.co/kPj1aU

any ideas without having to add a special bulk product editor app?

Replies 31 (31)

Dallas
Shopify Staff (Retired)
916 61 211

Hi, Jessica. 

Dallas here from the Social Care team here at Shopify. 

At the moment there isn't a way to organize products by price in the product list. In this case, the best option would be to go into Shopify's bulk editor where you can see all of the prices of the products easily laid out. 

To get to the bulk editor you would just need to go to the Product page in the Store Admin. From there you can select the products that you want to compare and click Edit Products.

This will bring you to the bulk editor, as seen below. Just make sure that you select the Price field.

If you wanted to put the price of the product as a tag then you could organize the products by tag when using one of the bulk editor apps. Apps like Bulk Product Edit by Hextom or Bulk Editing by Booster Apps would allow you to do this. 

I hope this helps! If you have any further questions feel free to reach out again. Our Shopify support is also here 24/7 to help you out

Cheers, 
Dallas 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

Lowtechelc
Excursionist
12 0 21

I am really beginning to hate Shopify. I I mported 1500 items from Etsy and found out today that the items have to be individually coded to be seen as physical objects!!!!!! One at a time!!!!! I have to change from pounds to ounces as well. Just a couple more clicks per change. On top of that, I cannot order my items from most- to least-expensive so that I can code the highest-value items first. This is unacceptable. I guess it’s not to late to look for another service provider.

David_Weinrot
Tourist
5 0 20

It's astonishing and unbelievably disappointing that admins cannot view the price of products in a list view from within the admin. How is this not a feature? It's so elementary...

ayellowgiraffe
Excursionist
32 0 59

Please add this option to Shopify! This should be a basic option to be able to sort your products by price or weight! Since Shopify doesn't let us create special shipping rules for individual products, I need to sort by cost or weight to figure out a decent shipping fee.

rstal
Visitor
1 0 4

I agree with you here 100% 

jillop
Visitor
2 0 12

seems like they dont give a damn about this issue. it been 3 years and no one took a step. I'ts extremely disappointing. 

Trimly
Tourist
8 0 11

It's a feature that is tremendously useful. Trying to tag products by price range becomes a very, very tedious task.. and as our time is money.. this is costing a lot of both.  

Lowtechelc
Excursionist
12 0 21

A total waste of time, but not your fault. I see some competition is coming along and if such basic things can’t be fixed, we will be moving along.

Our needs are simple. Our shops need to be organized like either Etsy or eBay.

jillop
Visitor
2 0 12

Why are you still not doing about this? 

Lowtechelc
Excursionist
12 0 21

It is not your fault, but your suggestion was useless. Get your engineers to fix the issue!

Lowtechelc
Excursionist
12 0 21

No. It was not helpful. This is an issue that should require extra work from Shopify, not Shopify users. This is as basic an issue as basic issues come!

AHuser
Tourist
3 0 5

I can not believe that there is no way to sort the products by price! Please add this feature to the admin panel!

jagroop222
Visitor
2 0 0

yes there is create a collection and include all your products or you create say cost from 1 to 10 and sort it out in lower/higher price in the collection page in admin or include all your products in one collection then go to collection page and sort low to high

Lowtechelc
Excursionist
12 0 21

Too much work! It is automatic with Etsy and eBay. Isn’t Shopify supposed to be an alternative to such sites and an actually step-up?

mandadee
Excursionist
13 0 5

Using the bulk editor for pricing is not effective when you can't sort by price first. You'd have to make price changes one at a time. How is this not a simple filter??

mimbuffalo
Excursionist
18 1 7

Winter 24 upgrade is here and still no basic price filter option for the admin. Wow. 

Thank you,
MiMO Decor
Lowtechelc
Excursionist
12 0 21

This is a ridiculously-labor intensive work-around.

I need to import 3000 items to Shopify and you are telling me I need to manually enter the price of each item to be able to do what I can do AUTOMATICALLY on eBay or Etsy.

I will be looking for a new host as this link is several years old now and your lack of action on this issue implies an absolute contempt for the people paying your bills.

Dubie
Tourist
8 1 5

Is this still not being worked on by the devs?

This really needs to be added I think, probably should of been in by default.

Think the best option would be to allow Admins/Owners to add their own columns in product page that they need or want to see.

Would be great for us "Shopify Admins/Owners" is if Shopify Devs would just add a option

"Add Column" button next to More Filters button and allow us to pick what we want to see.

Can we please get a reply from a Shopify Dev if they think this is something they can do or will do or wont happen?

Just my 2cents but would be extremely helpful for ALL shopify admins/owners.

Thanks

mimbuffalo
Excursionist
18 1 7

Agreed this is so incredibly frustrating that a price or further sorting/filtering options are not available. I know about the trick to edit items but then there is still no way to filter. This is so elementary and I cannot believe Shopify has not addressed this in almost 5 years. Ridiculous.  

Thank you,
MiMO Decor
amumentllc
Visitor
1 0 4

Still waiting on this in April of 2023...

Venkat_N
Tourist
5 0 11

Any update on this ? Seems a very basic column add in the admin panel and very useful for merchants!

Shopify support please advise? 

shmaplex
Shopify Partner
2 0 1

This definitely should be added. Can we get an update?

Lowtechelc
Excursionist
12 0 21
Yes and no. This is an inelegant solution and would require doing this — in my case — a thousand times.

All online shopping platforms have this feature and there is no excuse for forcing us to use this Rube-Goldbergesque semi-workaround!

mimbuffalo
Excursionist
18 1 7

Sept 2023, Shopify just upgraded to summer '23 and a few of my apps and extensions are completely messed or or no longer functions for the purpose I use and pay for them. BUT within that upgrade no tweaks to the admin product and inventory features. Ridiculous and so basic. the integrations are getting worse and more complicated and more expensive each year while the basic and necessary features are still missing

Thank you,
MiMO Decor
Lowtechelc
Excursionist
12 0 21
I suspect I’ll have to hire a pro to either remediate this issue — if possible — or move me to a venue that will give me the functionality offered by EBay or Etsy (which is also very buggy when doing inventory. (The cursor does not stay in place.))

bongfooodie
Excursionist
21 0 10

It's almost 2024, and we still don't have the basic option n Product admin to sort by Price or display price. I believe the team at Shopify wants it the hard way for the admin.

bongfooodie

jagroop222
Visitor
2 0 0

Create a collection and on collection page you can sort by price.

SBNL
Tourist
8 0 28

Thanks but that is a useless work-around and users at Shopify are tired of having to use cumbersome work-arounds for what should be basic functionality.  Your solution does nothing for the users above that want to sort by price, then select based on price (say all products less than $10), then bulk edit those prices (say change all to $15).  There should be a way to directly select products based on price criteria, ie a range of prices, or greater than a price, or less than a price etc.

mimbuffalo
Excursionist
18 1 7

100% 

Thank you,
MiMO Decor
Lowtechelc
Excursionist
12 0 21

This thread is several years old and it is time to find new hosts for our sites. Anyone out there with any recommendations for a company that provides the services we need?

guitarfish
Visitor
2 0 0

I would suggest WordPress. You can literally do anything you want as you have access to all the code (frontend & backend). My client is using Shopify and boy, it gets expensive to have to buy all the application plugins to make your site function the way you want.