Sort collection order by Published or Last Modified Date

Brando1
Excursionist
14 1 10

I also want to chime in that this seems like a feature that should be included in the default shopify install.

Especially since you can sort by Modified in the Products Admin.

Ava
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
884 57 135

Hi Everyone!

Just checking in on these newer posts to say I've also submitted feature requests on this topic for each of you here. Our team can review these requests, so hopefully, this can be something that is available in the future.

There is never a guarantee that a request will get a Green Light, *or* make it to a product launch, but we really do appreciate you reaching out with your suggestions. As our development team are working on releasing newer features as well as updating older features of the platform, I would not be able to give a timeline for when this (or if) this will be available.

In the meantime, the app @kpvw mentioned in the first page of this post, Advanced Collections, should let you sort by last modified in your collections. I know using an app is not the best workaround, but it is the best option for now!

Hope this helps!

Ava
Social Care | help.shopify.com

Ava | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

lazylivin
Tourist
3 0 1

I desperately need to be able to sort by published date. Please add this feature. 

0 Likes
kub
Pathfinder
87 2 27

Did you find any solution for this? 

I tried some apps but i wasn't really happy. 

As a one of a kind product seller it would help me also just an option like "set this product like new?" .

I see that shopify is setting as last modified also if an order updates the inventory.

0 Likes
Peter_Mendola
Tourist
8 0 4

the app linked in the thread was how we solved it, it worked fine for us and was relatively non-intrusive to the front end, but you do need a granular way to control the publish date in your origin system

0 Likes
bredowmax
Explorer
64 1 74

@Ava, it's been 1.5 years since you added this feature request. What's the current status?

Sorting by publishing date is very important to us so that we can display seasonal products like strawberries (same product as last year, but 'new' in season) at the beginning of the collection, not the end.

CuriousVinyl
Tourist
7 0 4
I added a channel that allows to sort one collection by updated inventory.
It works well but you gotta pay if you want to sort all collections.
0 Likes
bredowmax
Explorer
64 1 74

I fixed it by now via the app Mechanic, which I had installed anyways, so no additional cost.

but this should be a standard feature.

0 Likes