Spam bots

Highlighted
Tourist
12 0 3

I've had a few spam accounts most days being created by presumably spam bots but in the last 36hours the numbers have increased massively. Yesterday I must have deleted over 50 and today the numbers are already similar. Has anyone else noticed a large increase? Has anyone got any suggestions or ideas that have worked for them. 

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 2

Hi Melanie,

My client has had the same thing happening to her. I have implemented reCaptcha but it did not help. I have just posted in the community requesting assistance. Title of my message is 'Help with Spam Bots - Honeypot'. Hopefully someone will be able to help us both out. 

Natalie

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
12 0 3
I’ve just had another 19 spam accounts in the last two hours 😬
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 3

I have a brand new store that hasn't even been turned on yet AND I'M GETTING FAKE CUSTOMERS!! Come on Shopify! Why am I paying for a shop that isn't secure? I've been searching all over trying to come up with a fix and no one seems to have one! Even the so called GURUS! Please help us out! Or do I need to add yet ANOTHER PAID APP!!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
12 0 3
I’ve just deleted another 27 this morning.😬
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
12 0 3

Another 19 already again this morning. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 8

Yes, I noticed this as well. I cancelled my account with Klaviyo because of this. I realized I was paying to send marketing emails to fake accounts. So dumb. It's unfortunate this is a problem and hopefully can be resolved.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 2

It is frustrating that there is no indication that shopify cares about this issue at all. It deserves a response.

1 Like
Highlighted
Excursionist
49 0 11

I am also having this problem. I reached out to klaviyo since the only way to get on is by creating a real account in shopify or by signing up on newsletter. Newsletter sign ups have double opt in so, I don't think this is the problem.

I believe that the problem lies with shopify. There must be a leak where a customer info is input.

All my fake profiles have very weird names like EuVXdUxSONkD  UhaFCfjIMqPEbYD .

This seems like an easy way to keep these profiles out.

Is anyone getting strange names? 

Shopify please fix this problem.  It makes your platform weak.

Rob OBrien

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Yes, I am having the same thing. Gibberish account names but real looking emails. Gibberish comments on blogposts that are not approved. I don't get notifications for blog comments so I didn't even know they were there. I've got dozens of spambot accounts and it's annoying having to delete them all. I'm afraid they will increase. Did you ever resolve your problem?

0 Likes