Spam via Contact forms "Scrap Content"

Excursionist
21 0 3

I don't get very much Spam through my contact form on my Shopify site. Just some very specific and relentless ones.

The lastest messages say something about "Scrap content" — is that a thing? I don't care. The senders change but the message is the same.

Conrad McIlvain
Email:
conrad.mcilvain@yahoo.com
Phone Number:
06-32778787

Body:

Hi!

Love the scrap content on your site! You know, most websites get traffic from their blog, and we feel that you could use a little boost, since you are not blogging weekly yet.

Writing takes a lot of time and effort, and we have just the team  to come up with great content you need.

You can have a brand new article to post on your website starting at $10 in as little as 5  days!

Check out our work and reviews  here: https://goo.gl/KGRAi4

Thanks for your time,

Regards.

You are receiving this email because the contact form at dogsandstars.com is open to the public. 
If you like to opt-out of future communications from us, please submit your request here:

https://goo.gl/u4rPbG Unsubscribe to stop getting our emails.

____

The link takes you to a generic website and a pop-up appears.
Here's a screenshot: https://cl.ly/e7dd5f457825

Anyone else dealing with this? Solution?
0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
290 6 33

Hi, Brian

Elle here from Shopify. 

Scrap content is explained here. You more than likely actually don't have this type of content on your site. The message you received definitely looks like spam to me!

Sorry to hear you're receiving those messages! I hope this provides some clarity. If you have any other questions just let me know. 

Elle | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Excursionist
21 0 3

Hi Elle,

I wasn't so concerned about the scrap content thing, but thanks for sharing the link.

The spam to my contact form is what I am trying to avoid. If you have help with that, I'd appreciate it.

—Brian

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
290 6 33

Hi, Brian

Sorry for misunderstanding! 

Currently to help combat spam, a captcha is set to appear on both your newsletter and contact form signups when there are two submissions done from the same IP address within 24 hours. 

For your current situation, you would need to add a captcha for the customer's first time entering information. These apps will help you accomplish this: 

Hope this helps!

Elle | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Excursionist
21 0 3

Nice, that helps. Thanks.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
24 0 4

Thanks for asking about this I have also been getting alot of these Spammy emails, so will give the apps a try too :)

0 Likes