Speed Score

ryanlutaaya
Tourist
9 0 1

Why do I have a low speed score of 34 on my website and how can I improve it without paying for technical support

My website is www.ryanlutaaya.com and I use Brooklyn theme

0 Likes
JohnCodes
Shopify Partner
128 10 69

Hi @ryanlutaaya 

A speed score of 34 is actually pretty solid. Based on all the Shopify stores we work on, the average scores seem to range between 10-30. Also, this score doesn't necessarily mean your site is slow. Many other factors go into calculating it beyond just page speed. I went through your site and it definitely loads pretty quickly on my end.

A big factor that can influence your speed score is apps. I'd recommend uninstalling any that aren't absolutely essential. It's also worth noting that even after an app uninstall, the code could still be left in your theme. So you'll want to dive into your main theme files (theme.liquid, product.liquid, etc) to ensure no old code is left behind.

Beyond that, your site looks to be in pretty good shape. I ran your homepage through the Shopify Analyzer (free analysis tool our team built) and it's scoring really well. Your site is pretty clean and minimal, so I wouldn't try to remove any features/apps you need just to try and increase your score.

Best of luck!

Developer at SpeedBoostr (Shopify optimization and dev agency).
Try out our Shopify Analyzer (free performance analysis tool).
Check out Order Automator (app that auto tags + fulfills orders, and more automation)
More Apps: Theme Scientist (A/B testing tool), Tip Jar (add a tip button to your store), File Optimizer (optimize CSS, JS, Liquid)