Split cart/orders by vendor

Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 4

Hi Shopify team & users

I've been setting up my store for a month or two now - bought an amazing them (Turbo), spent hours on the design, exploring my options for apps that provide Marketplace like functions then after choosing (Bold) spent some time setting it up, testing etc.

I only just discovered that Shopify doesn't allow for split carts or orders across vendors.  I feel stupid for not finding this out sooner, but I guess I thought it was something of a hygenic.  

I've since scouted around and it appears that other ecommerce solutions offer this option via add-ons, Woocommerce, Magneto and Presta at least I believe (only had a quick look).  Then there are the standalone options like cs-cart, yo-kart, x-cart etc which all have solutions more set up for multi-vendor.

Before I leave behind the few hundred dollars and weeks of time I've invested in Shopify I just wanted to be sure there is no solution either currnetly or in development that would allow for a vendor-split cart (key factor I need is a shipping fee per vendor, not per product and not one overall fee).

Thanks

3 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 2

Dear Shopify Gurus, 

I am adding my concern to Craftily's -the lack of splitting cart into multiple orders per vendors feature is so painful, Please advice if there is any plugin or workaround to do it, otherwise, it is a major limitation today. and yes, would definately make us look into other alternatives that offers this feature built in or through a plugin. I wonder how people are doing / managing dropshipping where there is mulltiple vendors / sellers involved who may have different terms for shipping! I see this feature avauilable in Amazon where it prompts you that there will be different items shipping form differemt vendors

Thanks

2 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 1

Is there any update on this? We are switching away from Shopify as well for this reason, unless we find a solution...

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 0

Adding 1+ vote to this feature!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 1

We would also greatly benefit from such a feature! We have some items that ship quickly and others that don't and it would be helpful to allow them to sort into different shipments in the checkout/cart process so we can gather shipping appropriately rather than having to reach out to each customer to force them to check out multiple times. I would love some functionality that allows you to determine what products can and cannot ship together.

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
7 1 1

I too have the same problem. They told me to contact shopify experts, guys I swear 4 quotes: 8000 € to create the code. If it doesn't resolve me too, I will abandon shopify and use another software, I'm sorry,

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

We have the same problem, Have you been able to solve this, find any solution?

0 Likes