Split testing SEO question

4 0 0

Hey everyone.

I’ve recently started to do on-page SEO for my store - where I have been advised to improve my page title, meta descriptions, content and h1/h2 tags. I have made new meta tags - and included my main keywords in the meta tags for each page.

I'm wondering how do I measure if these changes were beneficial or not? What's the best practices? How often should I change page titles?

Thank you!

Much appreciated. Nat

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
46 6 8

Hey,  @natashadogre!

Thanks for reaching out today! On-page SEO is a free and easy way to optimize your pages for search engines.

Essentially you are telling Google "Hey, this page on my website is relevant for topic X". While this may sound simple in theory, finding the phrases and keywords to use is a necessary process that will require some research. I would strongly suggest following The Definitive Guide to eCommerce SEO for A-Z insight and tips on optimizing your store. Additionally, Our SEO guide will show you how you can apply your learnings to your Shopify store.

You can also install an SEO app to help you audit, analyze, track, and optimize your store even further. Here is a couple of my recommendations:

Let me know if this helps! If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Dirk | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes