Stack discounts on Compare Price Discounts

Highlighted
2 0 1

Hi all,

I am looking for a solution to stop automatic price discounts and discount codes being applied to products which have already been discounted at SKU level.

For example, I run a sale on a certain mix of products and the price has been amended with a compare price.  I do not want  a customer to then use a discount code on top of the already discounted price.  How do I stop this without having to create a great big long list of products in the discount code that it only applies to (ie full price items)?  Has anyone got an app or solve for this?

Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi, did you find a solution and if yes which one?

Thank you

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 1

Hi ,

Unfortunately I did not find a good easy solution.  What I ended up doing was this:-

- Split out all my variant listings so each listing was 1 product

- Tag all of my full price products as 'full price'

- Assign all my discount codes to only work if the product contained a 'full price' tag

- Download Sales and Discount Manager which can blanket discount at SKU level using the compare at price.  You can also set the event so when it runs it removes the 'full price' tag from the product which means a discount code cannot be stacked on top of the already discounted item.

Note the above will not work if the product has multiple variants set up in one listing.  This is because each product can only have 1 tag linked to it.  In actual fact splitting out variants has massively helped our conversion in any case so it was a win win for us, it just meant a lot of work as we had around 450 SKUs.

RPJ

1 Like