Solved

Can you combine or stack discounts for customers?

Suzane_Campbell
Tourist
6 0 7

Is there a way to combine discounts?  I would like to offer a discount that is a % off and free shipping.

Or is there a way to stack discounts? So the customer can use both the % off code and the free shipping code.

Thanks,

Suzanne

Accepted Solution (1)

Jacqui
Community Moderator
186 25 340

This is an accepted solution.

Hey everyone,

Good news! Discount Combinations are here. You can now combine discount codes (manual or automatic) and have multiple automatic discounts running at the same time.

Check out our announcement to learn more!If you have questions about Discount Combinations then please feel welcome to create a new post in the Shopify Discussions board. If you need account specific help with your discounts, then please contact Shopify Support directly.

Due to the age we will be locking this thread. 

Jacqui | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution 
- To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 28 (28)

Katy
Shopify Staff
779 43 178

Hi Suzanne,

Katy here from Shopify. Thank you for reaching out, and great question.

At present, it is not possible to combine or stack discount codes together, we have a little more info on this here

While there is an app that allows you to do so, this does not work with shipping. 

However, as you are looking to combine a % off a product along with free shipping, there is an option which may work for you.

This works by setting up Free Shipping at the checkout, without the need for a discount code. 
You could perhaps have this available if a customer orders over a certain amount, for example. There is a guide on how to set this up here

I hope this helps! I have also passed this feedback along to our team as a feature request.

Cheers,

Katy

Please note: This account is no longer regularly monitored.
 - If you need assistance please do start a new topic (referencing an older topic/post if you find this helpful).
 - Thank you for your understanding. We hope you enjoy exploring the Community.
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog.

RobinD
Visitor
2 0 11

Is there an update on this yet? It's crazy that Shopify doesn't offer this. 

I want to offer 10% off and free shipping...easily. 

Risa
Shopify Partner
328 16 39

@RobinD 

App Selly can offer stack discount for you:

https://apps.shopify.com/selly

★ SELLY UNITED - The front solution to increase sales for online store and POS - https://apps.shopify.com/selly
vEVL
Visitor
1 0 0

Yep. The Selly United App gives you this option.

Screen Shot 2020-01-07 at 10.36.00 AM.png

Re1
Excursionist
24 0 44

The above only works with Selly for Shopify Plus accounts, for Shopify Basic it can only be added on the cart page.  I've tried a few apps and haven't found a solution.  Given that discounts and promo codes are a common part of retail, it's frustrating that Shopify have made it so difficult.

1WebAlex
Excursionist
15 0 4

I'm going to try this out, looks perfect for what I need, thanks for suggesting.

anthonyesebag
Shopify Partner
1 0 3

Hi Katy, is there any plan to have this feature integrated in the near future?

jason127
Visitor
1 0 5

Hi Shopify,

I wanted to have the multiple discount codes in one order function as well. I saw these conversations dated way back to 2018. After 1 year plus, why is Shopify still unable to resolve this for us? Please expedite. Thank you!

jtavy10
Excursionist
21 0 5

I am in agreement with everyone here. Would be very helpful!

MaxineAlisha
Visitor
2 0 2

Hi there, 

Is there an update on this? Would like to add FREE SHIPPING to a discount code we have set up. 

Thanks

CstcLye
Visitor
1 0 3

Hello,

It's quite ridiculous that this feature is STILL not available. What is the Shopify roadmap? Is there a customer advisory board? 

AnthonyM
Tourist
4 0 2

Any update on this? I know many retailers would like the OPTION to combine discounts or not to combine. We have a promotion of 10% off with the purchase of 12 items, but want to run fun promotions and games that rely on shopify's discount code module. Our customers are missing out on deals because the auto discount is defaulted when their discount code might be a better deal. We prefer to combine the discounts when we run offers. I understand why some folks might not want that, but we'd appreciate the choice!

George_C
Trailblazer
155 1 145

Another vote for this. 

I'd like to set up multiple/stacking automatic discounts, one for orders from customer tagged "wholesale", and another for free shipping on orders over X amount. 

Currently, on top of not being able to stack discounts, you can't set up automatic discounts for certain customer criteria (tags and such). And there isn't even a "free shipping" automatic discount at all, which is also weird (and short-sighted). 

This is not an "app that costs 3.7 times the monthly Shopfy fee" feature, it is pretty basic and should be built-in. 

Monster, creature & cryptozoology patches, buttons & stickers.
wherecollective
Visitor
2 0 1

I agree! its disappointing. 

Hi there! We were hoping to create a customer group for customers that buy into a loyalty membership with us. 

The two perks we want to offer is a lower shipping minimum of $50 per order (current min for non-members is $75) and also offer a monthly discount code for "10% off of a $50 order". It seems that we can't stack discount codes. is it possible to lift that restriction for our customers/site? Or, do you have any other solutions you'd recommend? 

Vranklin
Excursionist
22 0 4

Kinda ridiculous. I think Shopify has deals with companies that create paid discount apps so they won't add this feature anymore.

Even though it's literally one of the most basic, simple features of ecommerce, I think they will never add it.

Helper_Tools
Shopify Partner
11 0 3

Hi there,

We just released a new app (https://apps.shopify.com/discount-stacker) for stacking discounts. It will stack all types of discounts with complex requirements.

Let me know if you have any questions,

- Helper Tools

alexmiller17
Shopify Partner
26 1 6

Perfect timing by 27 minutes! Going to check this out. $25/month is pretty expensive though for a discount app...

testandlearn
Visitor
2 0 2

Hey guys,

I am so happy I found this thread, I thought I was losing the plot.

After launching my Black Friday discount I discovered a few cart abandonments and after looking into it I learnt that shopify doesn't allow you to stack discount codes (crazy).

I managed to find a way around it, without a paid app, if you want to apply free shipping with a % discount code, below is a screenshot from my checkout page

testandlearn_0-1606379986704.png

All you have to do is set up free shipping from the settings section rather than the discount section. If you haven't set this up before you can use the steps shown below:

• Start by navigating to the 'Settings' section, and choose 'Shipping and Delivery'
  • Select 'Manage Rates' which you should find on the far right
  • Scroll down to the 'Shipping from' section and if you already have a rate active navigate to the three dots on the far right and click 'Edit Rates'
  • Enter 0 in the price section and set up any conditions if your free shipping is based on a minimum spend, hit done and check to see if this has been applied

I hope this helps you as much as it has helped me 🙂 

Thanks,

Kerri_Bennett
Shopify Partner
22 0 4

Thanks @testandlearn but doesn't that mean all customers will get free shipping. I want some customers to have free shipping (but not all) and a discount code to apply regardless of if shipping is 0 or charged.

testandlearn
Visitor
2 0 2

In my store customers have to spend a certain amount before they are able to get free shipping, the free shipping example I shared was only a way of checking whether I could combine discounts

honeypieart
Visitor
1 0 1

Thank you so much for sharing! Helped me fix my issue of combining a discount code as well as free shipping for a certain amount spent!

Mostafa_Kamel
Shopify Partner
22 0 7

Hello everyone,

We just released a new app that could help solve this problem by stacking different discount codes and add the discount field to cart page or/and cart drawer.

You can also set a maximum number of coupons to be used together and maximum discount value whether fixed amount or percentage.

Please feel free to check it and happy to hear your thoughts.

https://apps.shopify.com/coupon-stacker 

Thanks

Tim_King1
Shopify Partner
1 0 0

Hi Katy, I'm a little late to the conversation here. Is it possible to use the free shipping option decribed above with an automatic buy x get y discount?

Jeff_Schattner
Visitor
1 0 4

The app you are referring to has only one review, and you cannot combine a % discount such as 15% off your first purchase, with a black friday discount of $30. Seems to only work if both codes are % or both are $.  

Seems to be a lot of interest in this. Why can we not have the option to allow two codes to be used on one order?  The higher discount % or $ should always apply first. 

Please add.  

ManuStoyo
Visitor
1 0 1

Is there yet a solution without app?
Does anybody knows a free app?
I just want to combine to % discounts.

Best,

Hannes

LoveinCA
Excursionist
14 0 41

Same here.

it seems in most online retail, everyone allows stacking of coupons for the best "bang for you buck" to customers. I use multiple coupons all the time when i online shop....its weird that Shopify, one of the biggest ecommerce platforms cant do this "out of the box"

pirke
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi,

we built an app for combining and stacking discounts and showing your store's active promotions in a nice widget. You can check it out here https://apps.shopify.com/stack-discounts-pg 🙂

Thanks!

Jacqui
Community Moderator
186 25 340

This is an accepted solution.

Hey everyone,

Good news! Discount Combinations are here. You can now combine discount codes (manual or automatic) and have multiple automatic discounts running at the same time.

Check out our announcement to learn more!If you have questions about Discount Combinations then please feel welcome to create a new post in the Shopify Discussions board. If you need account specific help with your discounts, then please contact Shopify Support directly.

Due to the age we will be locking this thread. 

Jacqui | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution 
- To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog