Stack or combine discounts

Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 1

Is there a way to combine discounts?  I would like to offer a discount that is a % off and free shipping.

Or is there a way to stack discounts? So the customer can use both the % off code and the free shipping code.

Thanks,

Suzanne

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
748 42 134

Hi Suzanne,

Katy here from Shopify. Thank you for reaching out, and great question.

At present, it is not possible to combine or stack discount codes together, we have a little more info on this here

While there is an app that allows you to do so, this does not work with shipping. 

However, as you are looking to combine a % off a product along with free shipping, there is an option which may work for you.

This works by setting up Free Shipping at the checkout, without the need for a discount code. 
You could perhaps have this available if a customer orders over a certain amount, for example. There is a guide on how to set this up here

I hope this helps! I have also passed this feedback along to our team as a feature request.

Cheers,

Katy

Katy | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

4 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1 0 0

Hi Katy, I'm a little late to the conversation here. Is it possible to use the free shipping option decribed above with an automatic buy x get y discount?

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 1

The app you are referring to has only one review, and you cannot combine a % discount such as 15% off your first purchase, with a black friday discount of $30. Seems to only work if both codes are % or both are $.  

Seems to be a lot of interest in this. Why can we not have the option to allow two codes to be used on one order?  The higher discount % or $ should always apply first. 

Please add.  

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 0

Is there yet a solution without app?
Does anybody knows a free app?
I just want to combine to % discounts.

Best,

Hannes

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
14 0 17

Same here.

it seems in most online retail, everyone allows stacking of coupons for the best "bang for you buck" to customers. I use multiple coupons all the time when i online shop....its weird that Shopify, one of the biggest ecommerce platforms cant do this "out of the box"

1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 8

Is there an update on this yet? It's crazy that Shopify doesn't offer this. 

I want to offer 10% off and free shipping...easily. 

3 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
186 12 21

@RobinD 

App Selly can offer stack discount for you:

https://apps.shopify.com/selly

★ SELLY UNITED - The front solution to increase sales for online store and POS - https://apps.shopify.com/selly
1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 0

Yep. The Selly United App gives you this option.

Screen Shot 2020-01-07 at 10.36.00 AM.png

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
11 0 10

The above only works with Selly for Shopify Plus accounts, for Shopify Basic it can only be added on the cart page.  I've tried a few apps and haven't found a solution.  Given that discounts and promo codes are a common part of retail, it's frustrating that Shopify have made it so difficult.

2 Likes