Stackable Discount Codes

Highlighted
3 0 0

I decided to start a new thread, since the thread we were all leaving comments on, "Multiple Discounts at Checkout", has been marked as "solved" (even though it is not) so perhaps the Shopify Team isn't getting notified...

I would also like to be added to the list of voting for stackable discount codes. This is because of another issue I am having. I offer Local Pick Up (for free) and Shipping (for $9.95) under $100 and the cheapest option is always automatically selected (which is Local Pick Up) so if someone is checking out fast and/or just wants to choose the free option they just leave the Local Pick Up option selected. I want there to be a way where I can choose which option is automatically selected so I don't have to keep getting the answer "oh I didn't realize I chose local pick up!" Now I know if a customer has to physically click it from paid Shipping to free Local Pick Up they can't use that excuse anymore and it will cause less headaches for me. 

So now I'm thinking if I just offered a LOCALPICKUP coupon that offers free shipping it would be another way to solve this problem, but then my customers can't use a discount at the same time.

Please offer any tips you may have to solve my problem, or is there a solution I am not seeing? Thank you.

0 Likes
14 0 0

Would you be open to looking into a 3rd party app? ShipperHQ can handle what you are looking to do. You can set a flat rate shipping fee of $9.95 when the cart value is under $100, and free when it's above. You can also set the in-store pickup feature to only show for customers in certain zip codes or regions near your store. And it won't have an automatic selection, so your customers will have to actually decide. No need to even bother with coupon codes.

We offer a 30-day free trial so you can test it out and see how it works for you!

0 Likes