Staff notification email - add details of discount used

1 0 0

I'd like to add something to the email that I get when someone buys something from the store (not the email the customer gets).

I'd like it to tell me if the customer used a discount code. 

What do I add to my email template to make this possible?

Thanks!

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
97 21 8

Hello, @Sarah_Bromley

Elias here with Shopify Support. Thanks for reaching out!

I’ve moved your thread from the Scripts Editor topic over to Shopify Discussion since you’re looking for people to assist with notification templates. That should help you get more replies! 

That said, this is a great question. You can absolutely add discount information to your notifications. In case you need help finding the location in your admin, here’s our guide to help take you to the notifications section. There are several notifications for you to edit, but the one you’re looking for is called ‘New order’. Also, there are several discount properties you can use for your notifications. You can add a discount list, ‘discount_amount’, or ‘discount_savings’ variables to your notification. Please take a look here for our complete list of liquid variables

For discount lists, you can go a step further and include variables like ‘discounts.first.code’ for the code the customer enters, or ‘discounts.first.type’ for the type of discount used in the order. You can also use ‘discounts.first.amount’ and ‘discounts.first.savings’, which is similar to the two mentioned above.

To add the variables to your notification template, we have a handy guide here to help with editing notification templates. Simply encase the variable with double braces and place the variable on to where you would like this to appear on your notification template. For example, if you want the discount code to appear, then you would use {{ discounts.first.code }}.  

If you have limited knowledge of HTML, CSS, Javascript, and Liquid, feel free to hire a designer or developer from Shopify Experts. Shopify Experts are experienced in making customizations with coding and can help with this. Also, for more complex questions like this, I recommend taking a look at the ‘Shopify Design’ or ‘Shopify Discussion’ topics on our forms as we have developers, partners, and experts there that can share their expertise with custom coding.

Let me know if this was what you were looking to do?  -Elias

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes