Staff order notification by location

Highlighted
1 0 2

I'm trying to use a feature that seems to be built-in if the shop is running Shopify POS but my client isn't, so I've been told by Shopify support that I'm SOL. Seems a little strange to me that it is just not possible, since it sounds like a common and  reasonable request. So I'm just reaching out to see if anyone else has run into and solved this issue.

My client simply wants to route new order notifications to the appropriate individual based on the fulfillment location, rather than blast all individuals for every order. On Staff notifications,  a "Location" option does show after creation, however I'm not given the ability to change it during creation and it defaults to "All" for each notification I create.

Can this be customized in the code somewhere and if so, anyone know where would I start? The client is running Shopify Advanced.

Thanks so much for any insight.

2 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Yes same Problem !

There should be some option like if order from specific location then order confirmation should go to certain staff.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 0

I'm not sure if you're talking about the "store locations" instead of "fulfillment" locations. If so, I was able to choose one of my store (physical) locations when creating a new staff notification email recipient. But, I just was chatting with Shopify support and if the order is placed through your online store, it does not distinguish between physical locations for notifications. So for us, this is a useless feature

0 Likes