Staff order notification

Solved
Highlighted
7 0 0

Hi There,

I am trying to add the customers email address to my template for notification for a new order we receive.

I cant find out the line code i should add to do this.

Can anyone out thee help me?

Thanks in advance

Matt

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
443 47 85

Hey @!

Cal here from Shopify, thanks for reaching out to us. Can you give me a little more information on what you are trying to add yo your notification template? When you say the customer's email address, I'm not sure what you mean? 

Notifications are sent automatically to customers who place an order on your store. You can read more about notifications, the various types of notifications and how they're triggered, and how they can be edited here

Cal | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
7 0 0
Hi Cal
Thanks for your email
I want the customer who buys my products details on the order notification
Eg name, address, phone number, email address.
I can get all these items on the order notification template but not the email address
Does that help?
Thanks
0 Likes
Highlighted
7 0 0

Hi Cal,

Further to this issue, The email notification I am refering to is the notification that my staff receive for the order, not the email notification that our customer receives. Hope you can help

Thx

0 Likes
Highlighted
7 0 0

New order notification.jpg

0 Likes
Highlighted
7 0 0

see above post, this is where i am trying to add the customers email address to dhop up on the New Order notification option that we require for our orders team

0 Likes
Highlighted

Success.

Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
443 47 85

Hi again, 

I'm understanding now what you are trying to do. Thank you for elaborating on that for me.

Have you taken look at our guide on Notification Variables here? It explains in detail different variables that can be added to your notification template for your staff notifications.

The 'customer' object is specifically discussed here. In your case adding this might work: 

{{ customer.email }}

Can you test this and let me know if it works? 

Cal | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
7 0 0

Thanks Cal,

Yes that worked well.

0 Likes