Start and Finishing a Sale

rob678
Tourist
5 0 1

Lets say I wanted to put all the sofa's on my website in the sale at 20% off from the 25th march till 28th May. is that possible??

on our old website (which was using zone 1) I used to download a CSV file and then under sale start date put 25th March and then under sale finish date put 28th May, then re upload it too the site.

when i downloaded a CSV file from shopify there is nowhere to put the sale start or finish date?

does this mean i have to do one CSV file going into the sale on the 25th march and then do another CSV file going out of the sale on the 28th May? what if my day off is on the 25th and 26th?  someone else has to upload the CSV?  

0 Likes
Sophia
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
779 53 92

Hey, @rob678!

Sophia here from Shopify.

The easiest way to set up start and end dates for sales is with discounts. Whether you're creating a discount code that customers enter at checkout or an automatic discount that applies at checkout for the customer, you can use the Active dates section to determine the start and end date for the promotion and specify the products or collections it applies to. Discounts are created directly in the admin, so there's no need for a CSV file.

Active dates section (appears at the bottom of the page when creating a discount in the Shopify admin)Active dates section (appears at the bottom of the page when creating a discount in the Shopify admin)

Alternatively, you can update product prices using a CSV or the bulk editor to set the Price (current/sale price) and Compare at price (regular price). Shopify's CSV file format doesn't cover sale start and end dates since this is done with discounts instead, so editing via CSV or the bulk editor means that someone on your team would manually update prices before and after the sale.

If you prefer to stick with manual pricing updates for sales rather than using discounts, a CSV file will likely be most efficient for larger updates, while the bulk editor can be used to easily update a handful of products or a smaller collection directly in the admin. Let me know if you have any questions about these options.

Sophia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes