Start up step by step

dbarnes1984
1 0 0

Who can I contact to help me clarify step by step process to start my online business? I also thought I read somewhere that there was a link to wholesale discount products that could be sold on our website? This is all brand new to me and a lot of the steps are confusing, is there someone who can walk me through the steps from beginning to end?

dbarnes1984

0 Likes
DigitalArtisans
Tourist
155 12 27
Hello dbarnes1984!

I know it can be challenging to start an online business so let me give you some basic tips based on our experience in building stores from scratch. Here is a simple step by step process to follow:

1. Identify the products you want to sell

2. Decide which platform you want to setup your shop, i.e. Shopify

3. Source the products from supplier/s

4. Rank the products (SEO, Social Media ads, etc.)

For a consultation hire a professional freelance eCommerce manager. It will prove to be very helpful.

Thanks,

Digital Artisans
Hatim Ayoub | Designer | Developer
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted
0 Likes
Hyde
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
865 96 154

Hi @dbarnes1984,

Hyde here from Shopify.

The step-by-step guide to setting up your own online store is available right here. You would start with a free 14-day trial you can use to see if it's the right fit for you (you can sign up right here) and then, if you decided it was right for you, you would pick a paid plan.

When you say "wholesale discount products" it sounds like you might be referring to dropshipping. Dropshipping is a retail fulfillment method where a store doesn't keep the products it sells in stock. Instead, when a store sells a product, it purchases the item from a third party and has it shipped directly to the customer. Our ultimate guide to dropshipping is right here. It will walk you through everything you need to know about starting off, finding suppliers, and maintaining your business. We also have a Dropshipping 101 course on our Academy.

Do you have an idea of what it is you'd like to sell? Bear in mind that to build a brand you should look at having

- a strong, relevant name.
- a visual identity (logo, color scheme)
- a mission statement (what makes your brand different)
- a target customer (who is your customer? What magazines do they read? What social media do they hang out on? Who influences their decisions? Are they high or low tech?)

Have you given this much thought? Or are you still in the very earliest of stages?

I'm happy to help you out more if you have more questions!

All the best, Hyde.

Hyde | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes