Starting a New Business? Here’s What to Expect!

Lilith
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
499 56 135

Hi, @dani9721! This might not be the best place to ask this question as it can get lost in the thread due to it being a different topic altogether.

That said if your account is frozen due to missed payments you can log into your account and add a new payment method to clear up your old invoice and pay for your new month. If you're still not able to access your account, definitely reach out to our 24/7 live support team. They can authenticate you securely and can assist further if you still have some trouble with the account.

Lilith | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Kayceepins
1 0 0

Do I need to file for a sellers permit and register as a business? 

0 Likes
Lilith
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
499 56 135

@Kayceepins in order to use Shopify, no you don't. However, you should be checking your local country, region, or town's laws and regulations to have a better understanding of whether you'll need any registration to run a business in your area. Remember Shopify provides the tools to help you run a business, but we don't regulate or enforce the local laws or tax requirements in each merchant's specific region. Most countries, regions, or towns have their own government-run website that can help you with more information on any tax and regulation details you'll need. In addition, most towns will also have some non-profit organizations that can help with setting up a compliant business to fall within your local laws and requirements.

Lilith | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
emmawade
7 0 0

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and idea's with us. Greatful to you. I am just asking if we start a job type buisness. imagine we work in online field or want to enhance our work?

0 Likes
AlexxaAlex111
1 0 0

Very valuable post.

0 Likes
cherylfoh
Excursionist
42 3 5

You can also expect to fall victim to their "review" process that happens without warning.

Money coming in from credit card purchases is put on hold for an undetermined amount of time. During the process, you can't email to ask what is going on, because they will then push you back in the support queue and make you wait even longer.

I'm not making this up. They actually emailed that information to me and I have it on record.

They say they have a right to hold your funds without your consent at any time, so I cannot recommend having your business on the Shopify platform. They will show their true colors in time and you will regret it.

Please note, we did nothing wrong to trigger this review. They just dropped it on us for unknown reasons after being in business for about 4 months.

0 Likes
MarkusAllen
7 0 0

0 Likes
Mad_Modeler
Pathfinder
120 1 22

This wont work in my niche.

Competitors discount to the bare minimum profit, it's a race to the bottom.

0 Likes
emmaava6
3 0 0

Thank you for this informative article. Keep it up.

0 Likes
PeterBoyd
1 0 0

I think today it is better not to start a new business in connection with the pandemic, lockdown and quarantine. It's better to wait for the pandemic to come down to 0.

0 Likes