Starting a new store with « Pause and build »

Highlighted
2 0 1

Hello Shopify community, 

Is it possible to start a new store with the «pause and build» feature? 

I would like to build my store before I start selling? Also, is this feature available as long as we want?

Thank you. 

-Gabriel

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
103 7 12

Hi @hubuteambuildin,

This is Finley from the Social Care team here at Shopify.

I appreciate you reaching out. At this time, you won't be able to start your Shopify account on the Pause and Build plan.

To be eligible for the plan, your account will need to be created after March 1, 2020, and open for at least 60 days after the end of your free trial period. Those with a Shopify Capital offer or using the Shopify Plus plan are not eligible.

Once you are eligible to switch over, there is currently no limit on how long you can be on the Pause and build plan.

Using the Pause and Build plan

There are a few points to note when moving to the Pause and Build plan.

You will have access to:

• Your Shopify admin.
  • Basic reports
  • Viewing your online storefront
  • Accepting Manual payments from your customers using draft orders.

You will not have access to:

Moving to the Pause and Build plan

Once you meet the requirements, you can take these steps to move to the Pause and Build plan:

1) Navigate to your Shopify Admin > Settings > Plan and permissions > Store status.

2) Scroll to the bottom of the page and you will see the option to select the "Pause and Build" plan like so:

20-23-7h1ob-s8c40

If you have any further questions about this, please feel free to let me know!

Shopify Resources

At which part of the store setup process are you at the moment?

We do have some resources that you may find helpful that I'd like to share :

I hope you find these resources useful!

Cheers,

This post was edited on November 30th, 2020 to reflect the current requirements for the Pause and Build plan.

Finley | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Highlighted
2 0 1

Thank you. That was super helpful! 

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi i followed the instructions i found for starting a new store, providing payment details and then changing to plan and build which I did 10 seconds after I picked my plan and attached payment details and i was still charged immediately 31 USD. before I could click plana and build. can this be refunded? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
103 7 12

Hey @Floresbotanica,

Thanks for your question!

At this time, you will not be eligible for the Pause and Build plan immediately after your free trial period.

You will need to meet the following requirements to use this plan:

1) You opened your Shopify account after March 1, 2020.
2) Your account has been open for at least 60 days after the end of your free trial period.

Please note that you won't be eligible for this plan if you have a Shopify Capital offer or use the Shopify Plus plan.

I do hope this answers your question. If anything is unclear or you have further questions, please let me know!

Cheers,

This post was edited on November 30th, 2020 to reflect the current requirements for the Pause and Build plan.

Finley | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes