Still getting charged for an app that was removed around Sept 12

Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 1

Hey all,

I removed an image resizing app on or around Sept 12.  I was billed for it during my September billing cycle, and made sure to reach out to both the developer and Shopify billing support to let them know I'd uninstalled the app and to no longer charge me.    It showed up on my October bill, and I can't get an answer from anyone.  

Anyone have advice about how to handle this?

Thank you!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
680 71 101

Hey, @duckmamanh! I can help you with this! 

Usually in this type of situation the reason for being billed for an uninstalled app has to do with the billing cycle of the app. Since recurring app charges are on their own billing cycle (which begins the day you install the app, or when the trial period for it ends), it most often does not coincide with your Shopify subscription billing. If an app is uninstalled mid-billing cycle, then it is possible to see a charge on the following Shopify invoice. I know this sounds confusing, therefore there’s a visual representation of how it works in the App Charges Help Doc, which helps to clarify it better.  

The first step to determining if this is what’s happened for you, is to take a look at your current invoice by going to ‘Settings > Billing’ from your Shopify admin. Click on the invoice in question in the Bills section, and expand the App charges as seen below for example, to see which apps you were charged for, and the billing cycle of each.

20-10-cxwfm-028v1Does this explain what’s happened for you? If not, just let me know by replying in this thread, and I’m happy to proceed with personally taking a look at your account to get to the bottom of it.

Thanks!

Helen | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 1

Hi Helen,

Fortunately, the developer responded, and has agreed to get in touch with Shopify on my behalf and no longer charge me.  Phew!
Thank you anyhow, I appreciate it!

0 Likes